Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
What is pilonidal sinus and what's the best treatment suited" how much is cost of treatment in india and in usa.
I am suffering from proctitis for previous 1 year I have taken medicines all this is there any other way to cure it.
I am facing slight burning sensation while eating even slight spicy, salty or oil food. Done endoscopy. No issue detected. Stool is semi solid and there is stomach gas. Pls advice. I was previously recommended rekool IT and Sucrafil o gel.
My problem is I am go to letrine one time in 2/3 days in because some doctor's are saying my liver is very hard. And I am many medicine but medicine is not useful for me. I can go letrine when I very push at the moment. So doctor's what is solution this problem.
I frequently have to face the problem of stomach upset. What should I do to cure that? And this is the reason I m not be able to put up some gains.
I heard that ulcer can't be cure by medicine patients has to wait for operation for better results please help.
Hi respected doctors. Kindly help me its urgent. I have been getting loose motion 5-6 times a day since long back. I consulted doctor many times. He gave me medicine and detected IBS this what he told me. I followed each and every precaution still I am having same condition. Due to this I feel very weak and I am not able to pay attention. Please help me out.
Hi am 24 years old female. 2 weeks ago I noticed little blood in my stool. There was no pain or diarrhea or constipation. Recently since 2 days I'm noticing red spots in stool, not sure if it's blood. Also I have been experiencing burning sensation in anus after passing stool for couple of seconds. Please let me know what's causing the problem. I'm very much worried.
About 1 and half month ago I had a protected sex with unknown status of girl.In the end I saw condom was slipped halfway down and I think only top part of penis covered because I ejaculated in condom. After a week I got tongue ulcers which lasted for 2 days only and cured by medicine. On 12th day I got a skin rash on my chest which only lasted for a day. On 13th day I had a sore throat which stayed for 5-6 days. On 19th day I had a back pain accompanied by head ache while turning my eyes .Back pain lasted for 2 weeks. Some times I had body pain and there was a feeling like internal fever. After 6 weeks of this I got tested for HIV and the result is negative. Is this the accurate report or do I need another test?
I have Digestive problem from 3 months, I have tried some medicine, but it dos'nt working. What should I do?
I am 51 years old I have digestion problem, motion not clear in one time. Can you suggest me what I can do.
I often feel pain under my right rib cage (after meals mostly) & stomach bloats up and I feel full all the time with accumulation of gas & have a burning sensation in my throat. What could be a solution to this.
It is an extremely embarrassing situation to have a bladder leakage. Social life could be altered, with reduced socialising for fear of losing control in the presence of others. Though not discussed frankly, it is an extremely common issue and about 25 million people in the United States suffer from this, with 75% of these being women.
Treatment depends on the type of incontinence, such as stress, urge, overflow, functional, or mixed. It starts with least invasive methods like lifestyle changes moving over to surgical approaches.
Ways to manage it
With trips to the toilet increasing considerably when you have urinary incontinence, simple measures can help manage leakage.
- Bladder training: Train your bladder to control the urge for another 10 minutes. This happens by voluntarily contracting the muscles and holding up the urge to go to the toilet. Gradually, it will help increase the frequency of the visit to 4 to 6 hours.
- Scheduled toilet trips: Whether or not there is an urge, visit the toilet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Double emptying: Even after you have voided, force yourself to void one more time. The residual urine, which is almost always present in the bladder, also gets emptied.
- Food/diet modifications: Stress incontinence is worsened by alcohol, spicy foods, acidic foods, and caffeine. Avoiding these can help reduce bladder leakage.
- Kegel exercises: The simple repetition of contracting the pelvic floor muscles, holding it in place, and releasing it can do wonders for strengthening the pelvic floor. This can be done anywhere and any time of the day and is very effective for improving bladder control.
- Catheters: These can be used if the incontinence is short-lived; the person would need to learn how to safely insert and remove it.
- Absorbent pads and medical devices: The absorbent pads are helpful in preventing embarrassment during social situations. On the other hand, medical devices like pessary are inserted into the vagina to support the bladder neck and thereby prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Drugs: Anticholinergics/antimuscarinics are useful to control a leaking bladder. Botox injections can help paralyse the overactive bladder muscles and provide a solution. Topical oestrogen may be used in small amounts to improve tone and reduce incontinence. Alpha blockers are also used in some people with good results. There are muscles that relax the bladder and increase the amount of urine it can contain.
- Surgery: In the event that all these measures are not useful, surgical correction is possible. Sling procedure where an artificial mesh is used to support the urethra. Bladder neck suspension is where the bladder neck is given support to prevent leakage. If there is a pelvic organ prolapse, that is corrected to rectify the bladder leakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.