Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopi AniyathodiyilYour feedback matters!
Sir my angioplasty has been done since 15 years back now one artery which has stunt is 100 percent block since 4 years and coronary artery open and one is 60percent block since 3 years my clinical reports lipid profile hba1cand Eco Vidal test are perfectly ok my doctor advice not to do any thing only have precaution please suggest.
I am suffering from severe chest burn I want to know the reason why it happens and how it can be cured please explain.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a pressure and sugar how to I control and also give me its use and collester are also how to I controlled.
Last march my angiography been taken so there are four blocks accordingly I am taking medicine three times a day. Is there any possibility of reducing the quantum of medicines? Moreover I am not able to take my food as earlier.
Does chronic anxiety help to reduce LDL cholesterol like bad cholesterol? My weight is reduced a lot due to chronic anxiety about 4 kg, now my bmi is 17.4. Pls tell me whether the chronic anxiety can help to reduce bad cholesterol like LDL?
What is to be done for low bp? What are the effects of having low bp? why shouldn't a person with low bp donate blood?
I had some sort of chest pain. I had done both ecg as well as 2d echocardiogram and both are normal. How long is the echocardiogram valid? Should I repeat this in case of persistent pain?
I had chest X-ray today. I heard that at the time of taking X-ray we should only take breath deeply but not leave breath. But I have taken breath and leave breath during the X-ray. Will it cause wrong report? Should I take X-ray again?
She is a pericarditis patient at the beginning stage. I don't know how to take care her. She doesn't reveals anything to me about her health problem. What should I do.
Blood was clotted in his of of the brain the report is saying large hyper acute middle cerebral artery territory infarct. Is there any surgery for this? A surgery had already been done for his heart attack 8 years ago. Is the any way to escape from his problem? Tell me the probability of the percentage for his live.
What steps to be taken in order to avoid heart attack disease kindly suggest some precautions to be taken.
My father (age 69) has just detected that one the valve of his heart has been increased in size. The doctor we have consulted says it has to operated either to repair or change the valve. If the diagnosis is correct than what would be better to to do? whether to repair or replace? what shall be the expences for the surgery. Presently he is admitted in pune.
If Someone has a Heart blockage and doctor prescribed to do a operation and fit a Ring. Is this any harmful matter in future?
1) Cuts Your Risk of Cancer - Major researchers from all over the world agree that drinking Green Tea regularly can reduce your risk of cancer. Several polyphenols found in Green Tea are potent antioxidants that can prevent the growth of cancer cells and reduce the opportunities for tumors to thrive!
2) Protects Skin - Consumed or applied Green Tea has several benefits as well. For instance, Green Tea, when applied directly on the skin can help block skin cancer and reduce tanning. That's the reason why growing number of companies now use green tea extracts in their moisturizers and sunscreens. At the same time, it soothes your skin from cuts and scrapes when applied directly.
3) Increases Metabolism - You have heard it before! But we will remind you of the same again. Green tea is often known for increasing metabolism, which in long run, with exercising and healthy dieting can help you lose more weight. Drink a cup about half an hour before exercising and you will feel more powerful.
4) Stay Young - Green Tea, when consumed at least two cups a day regularly can help you stay younger, by giving your skin a natural glow and ensuring that your arteries don?t clog fat and cholesterol.
5) Steadies your Blood Pressure - Sipping even a single cup of Green Tea every day can help in reducing your chances of getting hypertension and high blood pressure. This is because of polyphenols, which can keep vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure.
If you have any more questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.