Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GirishekarYour feedback matters!
I have oily skin and acne too. Daily I am little expose to sun. Will I need to take a sunscreen and if pls suggest a good sunscreen.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
Hello, I have symptoms of BPH. I have got it checked and report says "Grade 2 PROSTATIC ENLARGEMENT WITH SIGNIFICANT POST VOID RESIDUE" Do I need to go for surgery or it can be diagnosed with medicines.
How to get rid of my oily and dull skin? Also the dark spots and the tanning issues. As I wash my face and after 5 or 10 min the oil gets coming on my face and my skin gets dull. How can I get rid of this problem?
Hello dr. I am 42 yr old man and I have some dark scars on my upper cheek. Please advise to get rid of the same.
I am 17 years old, I have dry and patchy skin the area around my lips is dark and I have uneven skin tone, my skin color has also turned a bit dark. What should I do?
I am suffering from skin problem and this problem increasing day by day but not relief .Please give me solution of this problem.
I am 33 years old male. From last 3-4 years, I have heat intolerance. My skin has become very sensitive to heat. Even if I touch a water at 70-80 degree. It feels as if i'll get burn. Please advise what can be the cause for it and treatment.
Hearing a doctor diagnose you with 'ovarian cysts' can make your mind think of the worst case scenarios, but this is actually quite a common diagnosis. Almost all women are diagnosed with ovarian cysts at some point of their life. The difference lies in the type and size of cyst diagnosed. Hence, before you panic, read up and get informed. However, not everything you read online is trustworthy. Like every other health condition, ovarian cysts are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's debunk five of the most common myths surrounding this condition:
- Myth - It requires a surgery: Contradictory to what you may initially think, not all ovarian cysts are harmful. In most cases, these cysts are small, non cancerous and will be resolved on their own. Surgery is needed only in cases where the cyst is abnormally large or where the cyst is diagnosed as a dermoid cyst or as endometriomas. Hence, if you have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst find out how big the cyst is and what type of a cyst it is.
- Myth - It causes infertility: Being diagnosed with a cyst in your ovaries will not make you infertile or restrict your ability to bear a child. However, it can lead to complications that may cause infertility. If these cysts become infected it could lead to scarring of the fallopian tubes. This is one of the most common causes of infertility. Another situation in which an ovarian cyst may lead to infertility is if it is associated with endometriosis.
- Myth - They are cancerous: With ovarian cysts, every case is unique. However, in most cases, the cysts do not develop into cancerous cells and neither are they cancerous to begin with. A pelvic ultrasound can help your doctor diagnose the type of cyst present in your body. If the doctor deems it cancerous, he or she will usually advise surgery to remove it immediately.
- Myth - It only affect women after menopause: A cyst can develop in the ovaries at any stage of a woman's life. A number of women could even develop cysts that they are not aware of. In some cases, women can even develop these cysts post a hysterectomy that does not involve the removal of the ovaries.
- Myth - It cannot be controlled: If you suffer from recurrent ovarian cysts, taking birth control pills can help the situation. This can suppress the development of cysts in future. Losing weight if you are overweight or quitting smoking can also lower the risks of developing ovarian cysts.
Sir I have under eye dark circle. I used to masturbate 5 times in a week. Is it due to this or due to some other reason. How xan I remove this within 1 month coz its my marriage after 1 month.
Hey! i'm 20 years old female. I have dark circles under my eyes for last few years. Please suggest me what should I do ?
During winter the skin from my palm as well as foot starts peeling off. This happens every winter. Also there is itchy feeling on my palms. What should I do in order to avoid it or reduce it?
My Nephew having skin disease for 15 days. Having acne (pimples), moles. Septic seeking pediatric dermatologist's suggestion and treatment.
Hi this question is for my mother. She is 50 years old. After having she started having problem of skin de pigmentation (jhaiyan) all over her face. She consulted doctors many times but skin remains clear till she is on medication and apply creams. Once leave medication it happens again. Now it is increasing drastically. Her face has black patches which is increasing gradually. Please suggest some solution to it.
Should aloe vera gel be applied in the morning or in the night? If applied in the night then how much time should it be applied?
Hi I'm a male wat do good looking and fairer mens or boys or women or gals do to keep their skin or face fairer and clean and healthy wat they do how they take care of their face or skin to keep it clean, healthy and fairer and clear and glowing wat routine they follow or do I also wanna keep my skin or face clean or take good care of my skin or face keeping it clean, fairer and healthy 0plz tel me wat to do take look or take care of my skin like rich people or good looking mens or boys or women or gals do to keep or look their face or skin clean, fairer and healthy and glowing please tel me how they take care of their face and skin to keep it clean, fairer, clear, and healthy wat they do to keep it clean and healthy clear fairer glowing skin please Tel me.
There is a whitish skin in side may chick, I also have some pain there and I split blood sometimes which comes out of the gums. What should I do?
Erythrasma is caused by a virus called bacterium Corynebacterium minutissimum. This type of infection is mostly found in the moist folds of the body such as the groin, knees, and armpits. They are visible in the form of reddish patches and are itchy in nature. Although Erythrasma doesn’t lead to anything serious, they have a tendency to spread, if not treated in early stages.
Causes of Erythrasma
Erythrasma often occurs to people who live in shabby conditions and do not maintain good hygiene. People living in the tropical region have a tendency to get this infection too. Some medical conditions that lead to this disease are diabetes, obesity, etc. Even low immunity and hyperhidrosis is known to cause this sort of infection.
Common symptoms of Erythrasma
Erythrasma shows unmistakable symptoms. It looks like a patch of pink to red skin with a well-defined border. With passing time, the coloration turns from reddish to brownish in color. The skin outside the patch or border is normal. This being said, if proper medication is not taken on time, this might spread and affect the healthy skin. Some other symptoms include:
- Mild to heavy itching in the affected area.
- Scaly patches in the affected area.
- The patches often look like typical ringworm infections
- A burning sensation in the affected area (especially, if the affected area is groin)
Diagnosis of Erythrasma
While this infection is one of the easiest to identify by any dermatologist, a doctor might prescribe the scraping culture test to be absolutely sure of the diagnosis. A wood’s lamp test can also be performed in order to diagnose the infection. This is a test in which a doctor passes the UV rays of the lamp on the infected area only to find a coral red coloration.
Treatment for Erythrasma
Doctors mostly suggest the intake of antibiotics such as erythromycin to kill the bacterial infection. Ointments containing imidazole and fusidic acid are also prescribed for controlling the infection. Drugs of antibacterial origin such as Clarithromycin and Erythromycin are prescribed depending on the severity of the infection and patient’s general health. A patient with a surgical wound and low immunity might develop some minor complications. It is strongly suggested to refrain from over the counter medicines for patients with this medical complication.
How to prevent Erythrasma?
Some common tips to stay away from bacterial infections such as these include the following:
- To ensure the folds of your skin is moist free
- Wearing cotton clothes in summer and avoiding tight fitting clothes
- Keeping basic hygiene intact such as wearing clean clothes, taking bath twice a day etc
- Sticking to a healthy diet and following a workout plan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.