Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GirishYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am pravin tyagi from maharashtra I am masturbating from last few months I am unable to stop this am doing this regularly. How can I stop this any solution please help me Dr. am tired of this.
Can I have masturbating during my 6th month of pregnancy? And if it lead to orgasm, everything will be alright?
My penis is too small and my sex stamina is too short please help abt increase my penis size and long tym stamina.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Diabetes is primarily classified as a lifestyle disorder; although some people get it as a congenital problem while children can also develop diabetes due to genetic predisposition. In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as Madhumeha or Maharoga which can cause multiple other problems such as heart failure, kidney disease amongst others. However, a major chunk of diabetic patients develop it due to lifestyle issues such as physical inactivity, bad diet and stress. Complications from diabetes are among the top few causes of death in the world.
The Ayurvedic approach
The Ayurvedic approach towards treating diabetes and keeping it in check has a multiple pronged approach that includes filtering toxins, correcting the imbalance of the doshas and correction of metabolic problems through exercises and Yoga.
Some of the ways how Ayurveda can control diabetes are mentioned as follows
- Home Remedies and herbs: There are many forms and types of juices or concoctions in Ayurvedic medicine which help control blood sugar levels and thus lessen the symptoms and prevent damage to the organs. Some of these are
- Extracts from Fenugreek or Methi seeds
- Neem, turmeric and tulsi preparations
- Karela (bitter gourd) juice which you should take early in the morning in an empty stomach
- Boiling the bark of Banyan trees in water and then having it as a tonic
- A mixture of cinnamon powder and boiling water which should be strained and then used as a tonic amongst others
- Diet: If you have already developed diabetes, borderline or have a genetic predisposition to it, diet is one of the most important things that you have to control.
- Some foods good for you according to Ayurveda: Bitter gourd, snake gourd, spinach, jamun, garlic, turmeric, drum sticks, barley, wheat, tulsi, Amla, bael, pepper, soyabean, and cucumber among others
- Foods you should refrain from according to Ayurveda: Jaggery, sugarcane juice, alcohol, processed and unrefined sugar, oil or ghee, cakes, aerated drinks, rice or rotis in large quantity, butter and sweets among others
- Yoga and exercises: Although brisk walking, cycling and swimming are great ways to keep your metabolism pumped up and keep diabetes in control, Yoga is the best method of physical exercise that works in conjunction with Ayurvedic treatment. Some of the most effective Yogasanas are mentioned as follows.
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Mayurasana or Peacock pose
- Locust pose or Shalabhasana
- Half spinal twist pose or Ardha-matsyendrasana
- Waist rotating pose or Katichakrasana
- Surya namaskar amongst others
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!