Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girija
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GirijaYour feedback matters!
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
Hi I had intercourse with my husband once after that I took saheli tablet once on Monday n again one on Thursday. Shall I stop it r shud I continue it till I get my periods.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.