Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girianna
Submit a review for Dr. GiriannaYour feedback matters!
Whether diabetic patient can eat ripe banana daily? Whether an Asthma patient can eat ripe banana daily?
I am 28 years old male and have allergic problem (Respiration) by dust for last 2 to 3 years, I have used tablets for just relief, IVEPRED 8 Mg (slat-Methylprednisolone), but not permanent solution for this problem for me, What should I do now. please send any quarry related to this problem. Thank you With regards.
What medications are best for the treatment asthma? What are their side effects?&How long after a tooth extraction before eating and drinking?
Respected sir/madam before 6 years I am suffering from bronchitis allergy, but I am not using medicine regularly, but before 3 days my throat is tight and facing some pain so what is the correct treatment for this disease please suggest me
It is important to have some basic knowledge of the problem. Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease—sometimes worrisome and inconvenient—but a manageable condition.
Asthma is a condition in which airways of lungs become narrow and swell and produce extra mucus.
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.
I have an allergy from dust, excess sunlight, warm weather etc when I come in contact of these I suffer from sneeching and cold. My nose start blowing. What will I do to stop this.
Hi friends I want to ask you how can I improve metabolism and immune system also I would like to ask how can I developed a healthy lifestyle. Thanks a lot for your help.
I have dust allergy, long journey and due to dust it is possible during cough reddish blood also come with it. It happens three or four times not regularly. I don't feel any other problems. In childhood I suffered from Asthma, but it cured with complete course at that time. Please resolve my problem.
From my childhood I am having dust allergy always my eyes are red in colour so how to overcome this problem can you please suggest me a eye drops.
My daughter has been having symptoms like common cold since infancy, 2 years ago a doctor told me it's early stage asthma and gave 'ventsmol' to drink only if she has difficulty during sleep. Now it's 2 years and she still struggles to sleep at night and makes swallowing noises during sleep. What shall I do?
I am 50 year old having problem of auto immune disease called granulomatosis with poly angitis. Diagnosed last year. Started drugs Now I am better but afraid to have the same problems again. Is there any perfect medicines in homeopathy, which can give permanent and better results even after chemotherapy? As I have taken total 8 therapies. Please suggest before any changes. Thanks.
It is an episodic chronic respiratory disorder in which there is airflow obstruction causing difficulty in breathing. It is a very common disorder affecting children more than adults For some, the condition is mild with infrequent episodes & for others it is a serious medical emergency-An episode may pass away quickly and may be short lasting or at times lasts longer & requires immediate medical help.
Causes behind it
Hereditary & familial tendency or history of allergy, which may be skin allergy also predisposes to asthma in the offsprings. Allergy mostly inhaled is the most common cause of asthma.
Allergens can be:
- Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
- Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
- Strong perfumes
- Paints & varnishes
- Tobacco smoke
- House dust mite
- Chemical fumes
- Food, which can cause allergy are:
- Sour food
- Citrus fruits
- Cold food & drinks
- Artificially colored & flavored foods
- Beer, wine
- Canned vegetables
- Infection of the lung, which can be bacterial, viral predisposes to asthma.
- Emotional stress is a known trigger factor for an asthmatic attack.
- Over strenuous exercise and inhalation of cold air and climatic changes are also trigger factors.
- Initially there is a feeling of restlessness with a painless, tightness in the chest.
- There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm and a wheezing or whistling sound when breathing.
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath and shortness and rapid breathing follow with a feeling of anxiety, sweating & inability to lie down on the back.
- Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
- For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
- Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
- Eat balanced nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food.
- Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
- Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
- Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
- Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
- Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
- Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
- Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
- Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
- Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
- Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
Do's & Don'ts
- Try to recognize the trigger factors that bring on your attack, so that you can avoid them In families with history of allergy (asthma, eczema), avoid artificial milk, eggs, cocoa, juices & wheat preparations till completion of 6 months. In such circumstances you can only breast feed till 6 months.
- Do breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months to strengthen the immune system and avoid contact with allergens such as in cow's milk .
- Avoid foods & drinks that are known to cause a problem such as vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food & drink, canned vegetables, beer and wine Avoid smoke, pollution, dust as far as possible.
- There are three steps to be taken when dealing with an allergy.
- Firstly, identify the cause or allergen
- Secondly, avoid it.
- Thirdly, if avoidance is impossible, treat the symptoms.
- Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen. E.g. Sneezing while doing housework could mean you are allergic to house dust.
- Take steps to deal with stress, anxiety and tension as these can influence the frequency and severity of symptoms
- Good nutrition, balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation will be beneficial.
- Yoga can help you by breathing exercises. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Homoeopathy at your rescue
Homoeopathy helps to get rid of inhalers & nebulisation quickly & permanently. Homeopathy not only deals with disease it deals with patient as a whole.
- Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
- Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
- Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.