Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
I am a 42 year old male, Recently while brushing the teeth blood stain is seen while spitting. When I examined it was from the root of one or two teeth. Is it a major problem or shall I neglect the same.
My friend did root canal treatment and cover with crown. She is having pain between crown filled teeth and normal teeth next to that teeth. While eating foods are stored in that gap and create paining. What to do for that.
Hi, Since 5th march my mother has some ulcers in her mouth and next day blisters started to appear near mouth it is painful as well as the ulcers are painful and there are too many of them. Her right side of face has started to swell and she has severe pain in the ear. We consulted a local doctor he said this is due to herpes virus. He has also prescribed medicine and lotion for the same. I wish to know if it is herpes virus only and how many days will it take to get cured. As my mother is in so much pain.Please help
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have broken my front four teeth, and I have taken rootcanal treatment, I am not able eat anything. Now even my artificial teeth are also weak.
Sir I have trouble to bad breath since 3 year I have found cavities in my mouth I concern many doctor but still that are failed to stopped my bad breath.
Respected doctors, I have gum problem and also bad smell of mouth, please help me to come out of this problem. Please advise.
My father wants to change all his teeth and then wants new artificial teeth for replacing them.Is it possible whats the cost estimation for this?
My mouth stinks all day long and the smell doesn't go no matter how much I brush my teeth. So can you give me a solution for this?
I am 28 years old female and suffering from soft palate swelling pain from last 1 year. Please advise.
My Cousin is pregnant now n she is suffering from tooth ache. Doctor suggested not to get treatment till delivery is done. Would please suggest me the ways on how to bypass her pain.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not respond good. What should I do?
Oil Pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic way of removing all the harmful bacteria, plaque and decay causing microbes from your mouth. All you have to do is squish oil in mouth for 10-15 minutes and spit it out. The best oil for oil pulling is coconut oil, although it can be done with sesame, sunflower or mustard oil.
Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral activity which makes it ideal for bacteria heavy oral region. The antimicrobial power of coconut oil combined with goodness of oil-pulling technique makes your oral health concrete - it can’t get better. Besides, coconut oil tastes good too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.