Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
My friend is in a serious problem, I beg you to help me out, he and hir girlfriend had sex and she gets pregnant. What should she do to prevent it. She gets in a intercourse 15 days. Please help me out she is too scared and crying.
I had sex with my bf and after that I took unwanted 72 within an hour. My periods are likely to come few days before but I did not got periods till now.
Hi I want to know the strone 200 tablet and antacid tablets are correct medicine to take in 37 days pregnancy. Please tell me.
Hii. We ar couple trying to conceive since 2 months. But we are not able to conceive. What to do? When to have intercourse for conceiving?
I am 23 years woman. Recently married (jan 18. Last month I have period in april 13. This month I have no period. And I have some problem of pergency symptoms. Like feaver and stomach pain in the left part of stomach. I am percent or not? what will I do? what time I wait for visit doctor.
Due to constipation, I generally inject water through pipe in our rectum. I will help me to do stool. I want to know is it safe or it will destroy my other organs like uterus as I am planning to conceive.
I am not getting periods monthly and I got 3 times abortion what should I do now any future problems.
Dear Doctor, My wife is suffering from dryness of vagina During sex it's very painful so yohimbe bark is right medicine or not.
Hi I an 28 year old female I missed my periods last time it came on 8 feb and now no any signs of periods are showing up I did the pregnancy test at home but the result was negative could I still be pregnant and also the signs is fatigue and cravings for sweet please tell me.
To keep our body functioning, we need different types of nutrients from our diet. These nutrients are mainly classified into two types: 1. Macro nutrients 2. Micronutrients
Macronutrients are the nutrients which are required in large amounts and micro nutrients are required in smaller quantities.
1. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in our body. Starch, fructose, glucose etc are examples of different carbohydrates. The sources of carbohydrates are grains, bread, fruits, and starchy vegetables.
2. Proteins: Proteins, also known as body building blocks, are essential for repair and maintenance different tissues like bones and muscles. Pulses, meat and eggs are the sources of proteins.
3. Fats: Fats are of two types, saturated and unsaturated. Saturated fats are synthesized in our body thus we need not to obtain it from external sources. Excess intake of saturated fats result in many health problems like high BP, high cholesterol, heart problems, obesity etc. Unsaturated fats, also called essential fats, are not produced in body and thus have to be included in our diet. Unsaturated fats are available in plant sources and some types of fishes.
4. Water: Our body is about 70% of water. We need water for different functions like metabolism, transportation etc.
1. Vitamins: Vitamins are vital amino acids. They are of two types: Fat soluble and water soluble. Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can be stored in the body with the fat reserves. Water soluble vitamins (B complex and C) are lost easily with the body fluids and must be replenished on regular basis.
2. Minerals: They are the essential chemicals required in very small quantities for very vital body functions. They assist in our body’s metabolic system. Calcium, potassium, iron, zinc etc are the examples of minerals which can be obtained from different food and supplements.
3. Fibers: Fibers are indigestible nutrients present in mainly plant based food. Fiber rich diet prevents constipation and improves bowel movements. It also helps in reducing bad cholesterol and diabetes.
Fruits and vegetables are sources of micronutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Simple Ways to Treat Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is a menstrual disorder in which women suffer painful menstrual cramps along with other symptoms during their periods. It affects about 20 percent of the women of menstrual age. This happens at the start of the periods and may last for three days till the end of the period.
Few Common Symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain with menstrual cramps
- Joint pain, especially in the lower back hips and sometimes in the inner thighs
- May also result in vomiting sometimes
- In certain cases, may also cause an upset stomach
The causes behind dysmenorrhea
The primary cause behind this is usually the contracting of the uterus. The uterus does normally contract a little during menstruation but it may contract a bit too much, affecting the blood vessels and nerves within the abdominal region causing this condition. Some basic steps to reduce pain from cramps.
Some of the steps to be followed to allay the symptoms are:
- Taking ample rest during the days of bleeding
- Staying away from alcohol or any other food or drink that may dehydrate the body
- Avoiding smoking
- Avoid coffee or any food products high in caffeine
- Avoiding foods high in salt
- Massaging the lower back gently
- Using a hot water bag on the abdomen to relieve some of the pain
The steps mentioned above are meant primarily as preventive and pain reducing measures, but for more severe symptoms medications such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or others may be necessary.
However, the best advice would be to consult a doctor in case of prolonged pain during the days of bleeding rather than self-medicating or only relying on home remedies.