Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hi is there any remedy apart from removal of wisdom teeth. Does wisdom teeth cause pain in jaw line n below the year. N my wisdom teeth grown horizontally. The thing is that am busy with my exam perpetration upto January. Can I postpone it. please give me suggestions.
At the night, during sleep I feel dryness in my mouth. So, I frequently drink water but it is very uncomfortable for me. Is there any remedy for me, please suggest.
Is eating chewing bad for my health. I prefer happy dent. Two tabs a day mostly after meals. I have heard that eating chewing gums uses up your digestive enzymes which have a limited production during our lifetime.
I usually get my mouth full of saliva when I woke up in the morning. In nights I have to get up and spit it too sometimes. So whats the cure for it.
Ma mother in law suffering from cavity sensitivity. She does not feel pain. But feels uneasiness. One doctor said. It is because of gastric n acidity trouble.
Mujhe teeth main problem hai Mere samne ke teeth m ek teeth thoda tuta bhi hai,kya wo ek jaise ho skate hai? Or teeth ki safai bhi ho skti hai? please kindly ans me.
I am suffering from fever and I have mucous in my mouth. and vomiting. Please tell me some medicine?
I have fee problems in my mouth. 1) white tongue 2) cavity in teeth 3) a 1 cm soft bump on upper right side near last tooth 4) a 0.5 cm soft bump on upper left side near last tooth 5) a 0.5 cm hard bump upper front side in mouth Bumps are not painful. I am not smoker or tobacco addicted. What should the cause of these problems ? Need you help. Thanks.
I have germs in my mouth. Always it was bleeding. And my mouth is always smelling. Please tell me some solution for this cause.
I have an ulcer in the back side of my tongue. But wrongly I have used mometasone furoate cream usp in that tongue ulcer twice by that I have swallowed some ointment also. What will be the reaction.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.