Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Kannan
Submit a review for Dr. Divya KannanYour feedback matters!
I had gone to the market at the morning tome and I got wet in heavy rain and then now I feel like a fever and my body is also panic. So what should I do?
Sir I am student of std 12 but most weak hearted. Whenever I hear any bad or a bit shocking new like if any friend come and inform me that your bicycle is stolen or something like that or just take another example if my sisters inform me that my dad is angry on me or on numerous such occasions I find myself very weak. Excess sweating and fit and tense strike me. Is it a kind of disease or what? Such incident happened numerous of times.
How To free Mind From Stress. If I hav Very Minor prblm in Life. Till my Mind become stressful For That minor problem wat to do.
Its an issue about my son he is 2 years old and has not spoken any word such as mumma or papa etc. He just speaks random things which makes no sense, he get things done by grabbing our finger n taking us to what ever he wants. I am getting concerned now, is this some thing to worry about and how long will it take my son to talk. Please provide guidance.
Hello doctor.. I have my CA final exams in may 2015. Can you please suggest me something so that I can increase my concentration power and study with more energy as I feel like sleepy most of the times. How can I keep myself energetic to study hard.? Please suggest something. Thank you
Hi, Can a patient under depression take pcm tablet while he is taking mdd xr 50 n zolfresh also.Please suggest me something for that.
Sir, mujhe kuchh padhne ya jyada baat karne par forehead ke beech m pain hota h or headache bhi hone lagta h. Mai jab computer ya books se study karta hu to headache hone lagta hai or gastric banna suru ho jati h. M mind ka koi bhi kaam karta hu to stress feel hone lagta hai. Mind m thinking or tension bani rahti h. Negative thinking bahut rahti h. Kisi bhi kam m mann nahi lagta. Mne ayurvedic treatment karwaya jisse mujhe fayada hua lekin puri tarah se abhi thik nahi hu. Please consult me about this problem. I have this problem since 2 years.
There is vibrations in my hands more on right comparative to left. It looks prominent when there is a plate or some thing carry by me. Doctor told it is anxiety. I will like to know why it is so and what to do to stop it.?
I have an exam 10 days later. And my preparation is not going that great. What steps should I take. What steps should I take? please suggest me.
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!