Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Devendra GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm taking modalert 200 mg daily, this medicine helps me a lot to work efficiently. Without it I feel sedative. I want to continue it but I'm facing a problem. After taking it I feel a back pain associated with upset stomach. I don't know whether I should stop it or not. Please advice.
I have always something irritating type feeling in neck sometime shoulder pain, not pain that's a sweet pain which can be beard. And also ear, back side of head and front too. I always feel tiried and vabring voice.
Doc, I have an issue with my legs and hands. I face this issue nearly six months. My problem is I can't handle my weight after playing nearly half an hour, the game of cricket. You know I can't even bear the weight of my bat. All these issues occurs only when I play marginally over 30 mins of play. I have an other serious issue that, last Sunday while playing I got a severe pain in my left hand shoulder after which I couldn't throw a single ball. What might be the reason and how to overcome it?
Since six months l am feeling extreme pain from right heel as bone growth suggested physiotherapy by orthopaedic.
Hi. I was having exams so I didn't get enough sleep since three date. Im just sleeping like only 3 hours a day. And my knees r hurting a lot. Is is this because of sleep or whst? Im 20 years old.
I am a 18 years old male and I have this problem with my penis foreskin. It went back and now it won't cover the head back again. I'm unable to cover the head and it's a problem as it pains a bit when it touches my clothes. What to do?
I'm feeling sick since almost 5 days back for my Pain in left side of my chest. Why is it? Please help me.
An average person experiences two fractures during his or her lifetime and same holds true for joint related injuries. The severity of this condition depends on a number of factors, ranging from the forces responsible for injury and location to the damage done to the nearby tissues and bones.
How age plays a role in your chances of getting a fracture?
Your risk and severity of developing a fracture, depends, to a certain extent on your age.
A very common occurrence during childhood is crippling joint related injuries, the fractures that you tend to have during this time are generally less complex than the broken bone instances that you stand to experience when you enter adulthood.
With time, your bones become fragile and you become prone to broken bones sustained from falls, which you wouldn't when you were young. Furthermore, as you step into your 50th year, you can get struck by the bone condition osteoporosis, a leading cause of bone fractures during this time. For women, menopause makes them more susceptible to osteoporosis (as infrequent periods and hormonal changes at this time lead to loss of bone mass) and subsequently broken bones.
Preventing crippling joint injuries need many steps in a younger generation known as prehab especially for sporting population and adult population involved in a day to day activities requiring your body getting subjected to physical stress.
Simple steps to get your joints back to normal in case you do get into injuries.
- Having a calcium and vitamin d rich diet to strengthen bones
- Exercising to strengthen bone and muscle health as well as your balance
- Taking relevant medicines to make your bones strong
- Going for timely bone mineral density test to determine the health of your bone
- Exposing yourself to the sun for about 20 minutes everyday
- Having a requisite calcium intake of 1000 mg and 1200 mg for pre- and postmenopausal women respectively
- Preventing a fracture by modification in your household furniture, extra clothings, sometimes addition of simple orthotic devices, improving your muscle reaction time etc go in long way to help prevent falls. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
What are yhe cause if a person continuously suffering from back pain What should we do. Should we consult with some doctor or we should do some exercise?
I am a sports person and also an athlete I have a lot of pain in my knee and shoulder give me some advice.
I have muscle pain in my back sometimes and it pans when I walk and I cannot walk sometimes, what should I do?
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.
My cousin suffers from severe lower backache during her periods. Please suggest what to do because she can't bare that backache its so severe. She takes a panadol as a pain killer. It just works for 2 hours. She is 15 years old. Please suggest something so that there is no backache next time. And also tell me that taking a pain killer for the pain causes some kind of side affects in this case?
Hi past 1 months I have pain in front of my skull in right side. I can't touch the skull. I comb my hair it is pain why. please explain.
Agar lordosis increase ho gai ho. To uske liye best exercise koun si hai, sidhe let kr exercise karni chahiye, ya phir ulte let ke? Or ya phir dono exercise karni chahiye. Because mai jab bhi ulti let k exercise krti hu to mujhe pain jyada feel hota hai, so please tell me which exercise is useful for me.
I got lower back pain when ever I walk a little and do physical work I got tired very fast please help.
My friend of age 23 male got the pain on the joint of the right hand only (wrist joint). But he s actually left-handed. He did scan n x-ray but there is no problem, said doctor. Wat may be his problem, please give d solution.
When I eat anything/ lunch / dinner then I feel acidity gas problem and I always face my back pain so please give me solution.
Some people always get low back pain when standing in one place for a long time. Just as occurs when we are sitting for long periods,when we stand for long periods, the muscles that support us tire and relax, allowing us to slouch. When we stand relaxed, however,the lordosis becomes excessive and the low back hangs in an extreme position.
This is exactly the opposite position to that adopted by the spine when we sit slouched. It is not possible to stand in this way for long periods as the excessive lordosis is a position of strain. If your low back pain is produced during prolonged standing, you will find relief by correcting your standing posture.
Correction of the Standing Posture
To stand correctly, you must hold your low back in a position of reduced lordosis. To find this position, you must first stand relaxed. Allow the chest to sag and the abdomen to protrude slightly; this will place the lower lumbar joints in an extreme lordosis. Now reduce the lordosis by standing as tall as you can. Lift the chest up, pull in your stomach muscles and tighten your buttocks.
You have now reached the correct standing posture.When standing like this, you reduce the lordosis with your own muscular effort.To begin with you will find it difficult to effectively hold this position, but with practice you can learn to stand in this new position for long periods without discomfort.