Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepthi K VYour feedback matters!
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers are very thin, artificially made shell like things found in shades of the colour of your teeth. This material is designed to cover up the tooth surface in order to improve its appearance. These materials are changed according to your teeth colour, size and shape.
Dental veneers can solve many problems and especially better the look of your teeth. The removal or insertion of veneers can make your teeth look attractive.
Some problems that dental veneers solve:
- If your teeth are discoloured then veneers can fix it. Teeth stains can be the result of many things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, medicines etc. Veneers replace stained teeth and solve all your problems.
- If your teeth are frayed down then veneers can be the solution.
- If your teeth are broken or chipped then it can solve the problem.
- Sometimes your teeth grow uneven, misaligned, badly shaped; dental veneers solve that problem too.
- Dental veneers specifically work to fill the gaps between your teeth.
Dental veneers have proven to be a beneficial process in solving many of your dental problems. But like every medical method that comes with some advantage and disadvantage, dental veneers too have a few negative points.
The advantages of dental veneers are:
- It provides a presentable tooth appearance.
- The tissues in your gum tolerate porcelain very well.
- The porcelain dental veneer is stain resistant.
- You can select the colour of the veneer to make your teeth whiter.
- You can also change the shape of your teeth.
As dental veneers are a little complicated, there is a set of procedures to have dental veneers and those may include:
- Diagnosis: First, you need to detect the problem area before you have dental veneers.
- Treatment: You need to have an X-ray of your teeth and mouth before getting dental veneers.
- Preparation: Between your diagnosis and treatment while your tooth enamel is a subject of examination you should take proper care of your teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
For last one year my tongue is having some burning, redness, crack etc. It is not regular but in morning hours it little bit more. I had had some ayurveda medicine for ulcer but felt no difference. I consume alcohol, not more than one peg. Some time I keep tobacco bet lips but not a habit. Some alopathic med also took but in vain. Kindly advice. Motion little bit uneven.
Hi I have a problem in teeth that gap is coming between teeth. It is in starting stage only. Only between two teeth it occurs. So I was not feeling comfortable. Please suggest any medicine that cure's fastly. But not braces. If any remedy is there and Ayurved or homeopathy medicine.
His age is 19 and has a Problem of Bad breath. Can you Please give some prescription for it. He is having this Problem from long time.
I have a teeth sensitivity I can't drink hot and cold liquids and can't eat hot and sweet items please give suggestions to reduce my teeth sensitivity.
Sir, I am suffering from abscessed tooth pain slowly degrading and cracking .if I remove the teeth will it effect my eye sight. Please suggest me I do have b.p and eye sight 0.25.
My akkal teeth are growing. My age is 29 years. What should I do please help. My mouth is full of pain.
At the time of brush, blood starts leaking just a small touch of brush to the gums. Is that any solution to prevent the blood leakage from the gums?
I have a miss oriented tooth due to which I feel swollen gum and pain sometime. Is there any way other than surgery?
My teeth problem, it is not in shape and yellowish & also smell came from my mouth so please suggest solution.
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
1. Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a
toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on
2. Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk
3. Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4. Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5. Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth
material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In
severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6. Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7. Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing
8. Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek
immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk
and seek dental advice immediately.
9. Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to
crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking
10. See your dentist for regular check-ups.