Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. DayanandYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor is it true that it is difficult or impossible to loose the weight after pregnancy if it is scezarian.
I am 76 years old. I have high bp. The left part of my body is paralyzed for around 3 days. Now I am experiencing shocks in my whole body It have that energy which can't be controlled by men. It is really giving problem. please help me. What shall I do to get cure from this disease?
My nearest relative aged 68 yers old is suffering from paralytic attack & getting tretment from last 3 months but no improvement seen as expected. Would you suggest any remedy for fast improvement ?
I am a patient of "seizure for the last 15 years and am taking Mazetol 200 daily twice. Still some times I feel very depressed, disturbed sleep. What should I do.
I am 30 years old, my right hand as sometimes getting struck and it's feeling useless while working on system my hand getting stuck for few seconds, can I have any suggestions for this problem.
I am 21 years old. I faced nerve weakness at 15 years, I consulted neurologist and got cured. From 1 year i'm facing problems in walking and running. I can sense legs its not nerve weakness. But I am not able to walk perfectly. My leg seem to have low grip. What I should do sir? I want strength in my legs.
Hi, I am 27 years old. I have been facing a migraine problem for last few years or so. I have been taking some herbal medicine but not working. Do I need any treatment or surgery? I'm.
Time is most critical part in nerve injury treatment.
Hi, I was experiencing numbness in my extremities (only when sitting in awkward position or if I put pressure on them) since the last two years when I started gaining weight. I have gained almost 30 kg in the last 2 years from 62 to 92 kg. I had my blood sugar, thyroid and Nerve Conduction Velocity tested. All came out to be OK except vitamin b12 deficiency which was severe. I have some fatigue and short term memory problems. Please advice me on the best method to tackle this problem.
Hello 43 years old, suffering for migraine and symptoms are one side sharp headache, vomiting and loss of appetite. I have been taking some medicine like vasograin, alprax and nimesulide but these pills are good for sudden relief not permanently. Is there any complete treatment for migraine in Homeopathy or Ayurveda.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32. I have bp issue and hormonal imbalance .Recently I had third nerve paralysis too. My Mri says my pituitary gland is bulky needs hormonal evaluation. I am suppose to meet endocrinologist .I want to know what is the treatment for my problem. I take tablet cardace am 5 daily from 1 mnth. I also have infertility issue .Are all these problems co related to bulky pituitary gland .In between my periods also got delayed for 3 months. What are things I can do .Any diet changes. Kindly reply.
Nerves Pulling reason for that. Is Dates advisable for all ages / sugar patients? I understand dates contain Iron. So its good for all. Explain me.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.