Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.s ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I got hit at my jaw. It didn't displace. It been 4 fours. But still I cudnt eat rough items. chapathi, burgers and non veg. I feel difficulty in biting. After few bites and it pains. What should I do? Doc!
Feeling mouth dryness and body pain. What should I do? Yr opinion about Intake of bombay Rava (white Rava Uppuma,) and Palm jaggery.
One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up and down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up an down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
I had mild pain in my jaws, pain in one ear and soar throat for a fortnight. Now it is getting reduced. I smokes two to three cigarettes a day and afraid of oral cancer. Do I have to wait for few more days or to consult a doctor immediately.
This is the most worrying question for parents.
By age 12 or 13, most kids will have lost all of their baby teeth and will be having a full set of adult teeth. Around this time, some parents will start to notice that their preteen’s smile isn’t looking so straight anymore. If your child’s smile is starting to appear a bit crowded or crooked, it might be time for you to seek out a orthodontist for braces. Orthodontic problems—or problems dealing with the alignment of the teeth and shape of the jaw—are common in preteens. In fact, almost half of preteens need braces or some other kind of orthodontic treatment. If you’re concerned about your child’s smile, ask your dentist today.
When should you seek orthodontic treatment for your kids? The answer is as soon as possible. As kids enter their late teen years, jaw growth slows and the bones holding the teeth in place begin to harden and set. Once in adulthood, the jaw stops growing altogether. Adults can successfully shape their smile with orthodontic treatment, but they may have to use a retainer for the rest of their life. Many experts feel that the earlier orthodontic treatment can begin, the better the outcome. Before braces, however, your child may need to wait until all 28 of their adult teeth have grown in. And sometimes orthodontic problems don’t even appear until later into the teen years. Just keep an eye on those teeth and see an orthodontist as soon as you start to think there could be a problem.
In some cases, if parents see that at a age earlier than 11 years, there is too much misalignment of teeth, as they are erupting, it is best to ask your dentist if some intervention is needed to stop a problem from worsening.