Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra ReddyYour feedback matters!
If you are looking for an ideal natural remedy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), you should consider undertaking homeopathic treatment. IBS is a health condition in which your large intestine, or the colon gets affected. It is a chronic condition and requires management on a long term basis. Homeopathy is effective for curing IBS, and several types of medicines are used for its treatment. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines used for curing IBS:
- Sulphur: This is one of the most common homeopathic medicines used for treating IBS and several other gastrointestinal conditions. It is used for IBS treatment when a patient experiences an increased urge for bowel movements. The stools are hard, knotty, and insufficient in amount. Early morning diarrhea is likely and the patient feels heaviness in his abdomen. The abdomen becomes sore and extra sensitive to pressure. This medicine is ideal for patients who are thin and weak.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is ideal for curing IBS. When IBS influences the gastrointestinal tract and the urinary tract, the medicine is quite commonly prescribed. It is also prescribed to patients who experience distention of the abdomen, along with pressure and a rumbling sensation. Tightness in the abdomen is felt after taking any meal. The stools get affected and become watery and rumbling in nature.
- Nux Vomica: This medicine is prepared from a plant, which is commonly referred to as the poison nut. Along with treating several conditions related to the digestive, reproductive, and respiratory system, this medicine is effective in the treatment of IBS. It is prescribed for patients who experience constipation, which keeps on altering with diarrhea after purgative abuse. The patient experiences an increased and abnormal yearning for stools, and an unfinished sensation is felt after stools. Flatulent colic in the abdomen is likely, and small quantities of stools are passed at every attempt.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another effective homeopathic medicine, which is prepared from inorganic phosphorous. After undertaking potentization, this drug is used for treating several conditions, which include IBS.
- Silicea: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine, which is used as a part of IBS treatment. It is used in patients who experience food aversion, appetite loss, and cannot tolerate meat or hot food. Bloating and colicky pain in the abdomen is indicated along with constipation. The stools are hard and difficult to pass. Diarrhea with foul odor may also develop in the patient. This medicine influences nutrition and is commonly used for children.
If you seek homeopathic treatment for IBS, you should consult a homeopathic practitioner. He will be able to prescribe you the best homeopathic remedies based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.
I had unprotected sex on 3rd and 5th January and took an emergency contraceptive on 5th. I had unprotected sex again on January 11th and got my period on the 12th. My cycles are not very accurate. My last period was on December 9th. What are the chances that this is not implantation bleeding and is my period? Will I be pregnant?
I am nine weeks pregnant. Since a week or so, I am having tingling ness and slight pain at times in first two fingers and thumb of both hands. But since last two days, I am having severe pain in the fingers of left hand. At times the pain extends till shoulder. Can't even sleep at night. This is my second pregnancy. During first pregnancy, I had only tingling ness in those fingers, that to in last trimester. Need suggestions.
I am 38 and 6 week pregnant, suddenly my amniotic fluid levels have dropped to 2.1 today, doctor said baby needs to be delivered ASAP through CS? Is it required?can i do something to increase amniotic fluid levels?
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase for any woman, and should be enjoyed to the fullest. That being said, pregnant women need to take care of their health at all times, as a young life depends on them. Taking into account how paranoid a to-be mother can be, any form of bleeding during pregnancy can cause a lot of trepidation. However, a lot of this worry is not really required at all.
A lot of pregnant women bleed during the first trimester of their pregnancy. As a matter of fact, many who bleed do not know or realise just how common it really is, and as a result, they get quite a lot more worried than they should. In fact, it happens to about one in five women who are pregnant.
Why bleeding occurs?
- It is quite likely that if a miscarriage is to occur, it will occur during the first trimester, or the first twelve weeks. As a matter of fact, bleeding is most likely to occur between weeks five and eight. A woman would get to know that she is having a miscarriage if there is tissue which is being passed, and at the same time, she feels some very intense cramps in the lower part of the abdomen.
- Another reason why women bleed, which is also quite likely to occur during the first trimester, is due to the process of implantation. However, this sort of bleeding is not heavy by any measure. The ironic thing is that a lot of women discover that they are pregnant by this form of bleeding and it usually occurs within a week to about twelve days after the conception has taken place.
- One of the more baffling reasons for bleeding when a woman is pregnant is bleeding which occurs after sexual intercourse. While it may seem odd that something which is supposed to be pleasurable should actually end up causing blood loss, all this is a sign of is that the tissues around the vagina are receiving a great amount of blood supply. It is to be noted, that no risk is caused the foetus because of this as it is located in the uterus.
What to do if you bleed?
- No matter how light or heavy the bleeding, the midwife or the doctor must be kept up to date with the situation at hand. This is because if there is any corrective action which is to be taken, the delay in time is to be kept to a minimum.
- A cause for genuine concern over the period of the pregnancy is if there is bleeding post 20 weeks. In most circumstances, bleeding is not worth the mental trouble. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.