Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Chethan ChannegowdaYour feedback matters!
My son is 26 years old. He was having very good set of teeth. Now, for the last 3-4 years he has got cavities in his teeth one after the another. He has got cavities in 4 teeth. Can you please suggest any remedy/precaution/diet so that cavities in his teeth can be stopped further. Thanks and regards.
Mere front teeth par chhot lagane ki wajah se wo slowly slowly hil rha aur pain bhi kr rha h. Usse thik krne ka koi upaaye bataye. I don' t want to loose my teeth. Plz.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
From 2 days I am having pain in right side of my jaw joint. I am not able to chew anything. There is no injury on the jaw and still its paining. I have a small sister she's also facing the same issue. My age is 20 and my sister's age is 12.
I am seventy two years old. I am having pain in the lower jaw left 6, 7 tooth while biting and sometimes it is unbearable. Should remove those teeth? any conservative treatment possible? any medicine? to improve the life of tooth, any medicine?
My friend has fallen down from a bike and broken his incisor tooth. Can the tooth be filled or he has to undergo any other medication?
I have problems my teeth and bloods come to after cleans my teeth. how to resolve the problems my problems give me solution I feel little pain also.
I have a 3 years old son. I have seen some dental issues in him and went to dentist. After seeing him she told me we need to use a cap of 4 teeth to save him from any dental issues in his life. The cap will be used for 3/4 yrs. So I am bit worried know. I can share his images if anybody wants to see. Please recommend.
I have got a toothache in my lower premolars since four or five days. Can you tell me how to recover from it.
I am 23 old man. I have a problem of mouth ulcer from 3 years. Pls give suggestions to cure and prevention.
Helo doctors. Is there any hospital or any clinic in India where free dental implants are done. I have one cousins he is 25 years old and from his childhood he has only 7-8 teeth. So now he needs to implants it. Give me some idea where he can get free treatment.
I have toothache from 8 days I looked brufen 400 for it but it doesn't worked so please tell what should I do.
- It may come as a surprise that some 20% of all orthodontic patients are adults. But it really shouldn't! When you consider the social and professional advantages of investing in your smile, the benefits are clear. Plus, with the less-noticeable orthodontic appliances that are available today, many people are able to receive this treatment in a more discreet manner.
- Healthy teeth can be moved at any age. But as an adult, you'll have more choice in the way this is accomplished. For example, if it's appropriate in your situation, you could opt for clear braces instead of traditional metal appliances. You may even be able to get the results you want using lingual braces, which attach to the tongue side of your teeth, or clear orthodontic aligners, which are transparent and removable. Both of these appliances offer a method of treatment that's virtually invisible.
- There are a number of different orthodontic appliances that can be effective in different situations. Which type of treatment is right for you? Let your dentist help you find the best way to get the smile you've always wanted — it's never too late!