Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandra Pshandro
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra PshandroYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have problem in sleeping at night. When I am in a deep sleep I always snore. What do you think is the cause amd how can I prevent it? Is thre any medication I need to take? Thank you.
What size of piece is needed to satisfy a girl in sex .there will be any type of levels in satisfaction. How much Time required to satisfy them. And what to do to make them High satisfy.
My Sister aged 35. She suffers from headache of one side that is left side from the past 6-7 years now it is becoming worst. It starts slowly and goes to peak pain and in 3-4 days it goes out. She consulted neurologist they did CT scan and nothing was found out. Earlier she was taking a medicine named vasograin but now it is also not working please suggest.
Which is good tablet or insulin then who can we reduce blood sugar Which food good health which oil we can eat.
Hi, I am 32 year old male, no alcohol and never smoked. I was having front left sided chest pain for last 3 years. Have cholesterol borderline high. I have recently gone through ECHO cardiogram, diagnosed with dilated aortic root (3.9) and LVOT 2.8. I have family history of Diabetics (Mother). I am waiting for Cardio vascular MRI on 28th of March 17. I am looking for consultation from a cardiologist for sake of my in depth understanding of this health issue.
Hi sir my nasal bone was bended when my child throwing mobile phone on my nose. Some fracture is done. And doctor prescribed antibiotics for me. But is the nasal bone fet straight naturally?
I have feeling headache, eyes pain, body pain, more cool, and chakkar from last 24 hrs. Now the body temperature is 100.2 C, what to do?
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.