Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chaithra S K
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Chaithra S KYour feedback matters!
Burning urination or painful urination is also called dysuria, and it is one of the most common complaints amongst women. Another common problem is frequent urination. What are the causes of these two conditions? Are they in fact related?
Frequent urination, in simple terms, is also sometimes called overactive bladder and it is the need to urinate more than you normally would. This can cause loss of bladder control too. You may feel extremely full even after using the toilet and the feeling is extremely uncomfortable. Medical practitioners bracket urinating every two hours or more as frequent urination.
Some of the underlying causes are
- A urinary tract infection or UTI is the most common cause of frequent urination. UTIs happen when bacteria enters your urinary bladder through the urethra. Men also get UTIs, but it is less common than women as the ladies have shorter urethras. This means that bacteria have less distance to travel before they can infect the urinary tract causing UTIs. UTIs in women can be prevented by proper wiping after using the toilet, which will protect the urethra from E.coli bacteria. Proper hygiene also is a deterrent, especially after intercourse.
- Medical conditions affecting muscles, nerves, and tissues. Weakening of nerves due to hernias in the lower back etc. can also cause an overactive bladder.
- Oestrogen deficiency caused due to menopause can cause an overactive bladder and a woman finds it difficult to hold the urine for long.
- Obesity can also place extra pressure on the bladder.
Burning sensation while urinating
Common reasons behind it
- Frequent urination does not point to any gynaecological issues but burning urination is a common symptom of sexually transmitted diseases or STDs like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea which cause symptoms like pain when urinating and vaginal discharge. Burning urination usually occurs after intercourse when sexually transmitted infections are present.
- Burning while urination can also be caused due to UTIs and it is often accompanied by other symptoms of UTIs like painful urination or dysuria or blood in the urine.
- Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalized calcium or other materials that start in the kidneys but can pass through the urinary tract causing pain and discomfort.
- Urethral stricture is a condition when the urethra narrows and this causes burning and pain during urination in women.
- Urethritis is the inflammation of the urethra in women can cause burning on urination.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease is an infection of the reproductive organs in women and causes abdominal pain especially during urination or sex.
- Bladder cancer
- Vulvovaginitis is a common infection of the vulva and vagina, both, and it causes burning and itching while urinating and increased vaginal discharge.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Female 24. I get my periods on 18 of december 2017 and last month I get my periods on 18 jan 2018 and then from 2 feb to 4 feb I did protected sex with my partner and after it I take unwanted 72 on 5 feb after that we again did sex on 10 and 11 feb with protection but I am worried as I did not take unwanted 72 this tym .should I take it or not as I already take it on 5 feb as mentioned above.
It's been 3 months my mother diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Now planning for surgery, before it what test should be done and can we also look for immunotherapy for it.
Dear doctor, I am newly Married (5 months. I was 6 week pregnant but unfortunately I had miscarriage on June 19 and after that doc prescribed for D&E I had D&e on 21 June .everything was normal after D&E .now its all about 2 months have completed n I haven't got my period yet. I am very worried about this .on 16 of Aug I visited gynecologist I told her my history .she then said for usg n it showed that my endometrial lining is 11. 3 mm,DR then prescribe me for meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days. Medicine course has completed. How many more days I have to wait for getting my period normally? Because my period were normal before pregnancy but time duration was only 2 days. Please help me doc that was my first pregnancy .is there any complications about anything regarding my period? What should I do doctor please help me? What is the reason of missing period ?when will I find every thing normal.
I have a pcod more dhan 2years and infertility. Can I pregnant soon. Please help me doctor. I have worry about it. Pls answer me doc. Then what I do for pregnant soon.
I had sex on 10th jan. I was confused she was pregnant or not? Her periods came on 29th and ended on 2nd or 3rd. Now she is having cramps after periods what does this indicates?
It is a very common complaint in clinical practice, Gastritis can be categrised by various types :
1 On the basis of causes of disease the gastritis can be acute or chronic.
2 On the besis of etiology..
3 On the basis of severity of gastritis and pathogenic involve it can be errasive and haeorrhagic gastritis.
Erassive & haemorrhagic gastritis
The causes are:
- Critically Corticosteroids
- Mental Stress
- H_pylori injection
- Postal Hypertension
Uncommonly episodes of haematemesis and melena may occur but most of the time is having only superficial errosion their for such incidences are rare.
ex. in chronic cases the person may also develope iron deficiency anaemia
Treatment - Remove the cause or minimise the exposure to the cause.
- avoid spicy food & smoking etc
- acute gastritis sleep deprivation is also a factor, such factor must be avoided...
- in crtically ill there are high chances of developing gastritis , to prvent gestritis in such regular twice daily use of either H2 Blocker or PPI and more ayurvedic formulation.
CHRONIC GESTRITIS -it is acomplete phenomena c_ is most commonly caused by H_ Pylori and auto immune disorders
all atrophy of gastritis mucosa their is loss of gestric mucosal function leading into various S/S