Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Neurologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C P Ravi Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. C P Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
Dr. C P Ravi Kumar Feeds
Two years back she was having pain in knees. After sitting she the pain was worst. After seeing a physician we went to a neurologist. He said that certain nerves were pinched after an x ray. She was prescribed pregabalin and some other medicines. After two months she got a fit lasting for a minute only. We stopped that medicine and went to another neurologist. He said that there is no problem with nervous system and that knee pain is due to weight. He advised for a CT scan which was normal. However he prescribed Oxetol 300 mg and 450 mg for 3 years. After one month she was tired with the medicine and stopped. Everything was normal for two years. Then again she was having severe pain in leg. We went to another physician and he gave medicines for neuropathic pain of which pregabalin was a medicine. After using for one month she got a fit during night. This time the duration was even shorter. Both times it happened when she awoke in night and fainted. She told a feeling of anxiety that night before sleeping and told her head went numb or cold. We went to physician. He checked history stopped all medicines only giving oxetol 300mg in the morning and 450mg in the evening. Two months passed and she is fine. Very slight pain in knees also. But the doctor says she had to take this medicine for 5 years. Please advice us. We do not know whether she is having epilepsy or it was side effect of the medicines given for neuropathic pain.
I am suffering migraine for 5 years Please provide some knowledge on remedies and any routine, diet any special exercises.
As per a recent study, women who suffer from sleep disorders are more at risk of infertility as compared to others. However, previously conducted studies linked sleep apnea specifically with infertility.
Further, the study states that the risk of infertility is likely to increase with habits such as stress, drinking, smoking, unhealthy habits, STDs and obesity. This new study offers evidence to show that women with sleep difficulties need to pay focus on healthy habits in order to ensure proper sleep if they are trying to conceive.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.
I am 39 years old and my weight is 92 kgs. My problem is in my sleep some nights my left hand and leg will go numb and suddenly it shivers. I use prolomet xl 25 for my high bp. Rest all fine.
I'm 34 years old, I had a habit of smoking, drinking alcohol and chewing pan since past 5 years continuously. I'm suffering from tremors and my chest is getting so heavy in morning times and I'm suffering from insomnia also. please suggest me what to do? My profession is business.
My finger tips are becoming numb and skin is peeling off. I am 74 years old and diabetic. Had bypass surgery 6 years ago. I take plant-based diet cooked without oil. Stopped taking dairy products.
If their is any case of fitcase mean epilepsy it can be occur through addiction for taking of drugs.
The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
1. Take on an empty stomach
Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
2. Get your constipation treated
This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
3. Get your ulcer treated
It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
4. Do not take levodopa with iron tablets
The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
5. Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda)
Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. Talk to your doctor about it.