Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu LYour feedback matters!
I am having hair loss problem after taking head bath how to overcome this problem and how can I remove bad smell from mouth?
My teeth is paining . Mere baal bahut kamjor he kuch upay he batao mere leg bhi dard kar rahe he kuch batao
I am suffering from pain in my molar teeth & started root canal treatment but due to some personal problems I can't continue this, temporary filling is filled in Jan 2016.
I have done Root Canal on my molar tooth 1 year before. There is a gap between my two molars. Food gets stuck every time I eat something. I have to remove it using toothpick every time. My second molar tooth is now paining. Is it infection on the molar tooth? Or is it infection in the gap? Please help.
I have pain in my teeth which is done rootcenal last 4 month ago if my teeth ia not live how it can pain please explain?
What are dental implant? How safe they are? What is the advantage of an implant?
Whenever, there is a missing tooth, earlier the treatment was to replace it with a plastic denture or with a fixed bridge. A denture requires ugly wires to hold it in place and for the bridge process, cutting the neighbouring healthy teeth is required, in order to provide support to it.
Both had limitations with respect to the number of teeth that could be replaced.
A Dental implant is nothing, but a screw made of pure Titanium and is fixed in the jaw bone. They are a 100% safe, provided the surgery is well planned and executed keeping the patient's overall medical health in mind and with specific attention given to the amount of remaining bone in the jaw.
Implants can be used to replace a single tooth or many missing teeth. Even if you have no teeth remaining, implants can be used to support a complete denture, thus making them secure and firm in fit.
The entire procedure is relatively painless as it is done under local anaesthesia and within 3 to 6 months with some additional measurements, your dentist will be able to fabricate custom-made teeth for you that allow you to chew and talk just like before!
Keep in mind that along with regular check up, good maintenance on your part as a patient with good hygiene habits, your implants could last for many years. In our practice we have replaced single teeth, multiple missing teeth and entirely missing sets including those with complete dentures (learn more about Regular Care for Dentures) for patients from the age of 30 to 85! There is no reason for you not to get a satisfactory result with dental implants!
Root canal treatment is the only option to save a tooth which is having severe pain or sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweets. And its a painless procedure as it is done under local anaesthesia.
I have problem continues bad smell come from mouth even after completing mouth wash also for the reducing what I have to do.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.