Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhavanaYour feedback matters!
I was born a baby in Feb 2015 and my period is starting from this month but not regularly why is it a problem?
Here are some simple changes that can improve your diet and help relieve constipation:
Add veggies. You don't have to count grams of fiber to get the recommended amount. Instead, aim to eat 2 cups of fruit and 2 ½ cups of vegetables every day. Make sandwiches with roasted veggies, add a salad instead of fries to your meal, buy pre-cut vegetables to snack on with low-fat dip, keep the fruit bowl full for a handy and healthy snack, and add chopped, dried fruit to oatmeal and cereal.
Go for grains. Replace white bread, white rice, and regular pasta with whole-grain bread and whole-wheat pasta and brown rice. Eat more whole oats, multi-grain cereals, and whole-wheat crackers -- just be sure to choose low-fat and low-sugar options. Snack on air-popped popcorn instead of chips. When buying cereal, choose brands that have at least 5 grams of fiber per serving.
Bulk up on beans. Replace meat with a bean or legume dish at least once or twice a week. Add cooked beans to salads, and try bean soups and stews as main course meals.Add fiber gradually. Make changes slowly over the course of a week or so -- increasing fiber too quickly can cause bloating and gas. Be patient -- it may take time for your body to adjust.
Consider a fiber supplement. If you have trouble getting enough fiber in your diet, consider a fiber supplement such as Citrucel, FiberCon, and Metamucil. Also called bulk-forming laxatives, fiber supplements are generally safe and non-habit forming. Just be sure to talk with your doctor before using them as they can interfere with some medications.
Stay hydrated. If you add more fiber to your diet either with food or supplements, be sure to drink more fluids to aid digestion. Aim for about 8 glasses a day. Choose low or no-calorie beverages -- drinking sugary soda and fruit drinks will add extra calories you don't need.
Main Monday ko femilon tablet two lana tha mai ek hi kaye mai next day mai teen tablet la sakti ho kya.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.
My gf has blue veins in her breasts nd her areola is getting bigger. She got over with her normal periods wich lasted for 5 days. It was 70% of the usual bleeding she has. We did home pregnancy test 2 times in a weeks interval. 1 was on 3rd May nd 2nd was on 11th May, both wdr negative. So its unlikely that she might be pregnant. So what could be the reason for the blue veins nd big areola and why? Please help.
I hv pcod prblm. Im nt getting periods regularly. I was married last yr. I wnt to conceive. I used some medications.
Do I need to take an I pill if I had unprotected sex with my bf just before 3 days of my scheduled periods I had my previous periods on 20th june and I had sex on 16th july. M I safe?
My first time having sex I was nervous and stressed out. I took the pill that same day about 2hours after the incident. After I took it I wasn't as nervous as I was before but i've spent so much time thinking about it. Does stress and overthinking affect the possibilities of becoming pregnant?
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 20 years old girl and I had problem of irregular menstruation. Last time of my menstruation was some 3.5 months ago. I had consulted a gynecologist 1 month ago and she prescribed me to take meprate 10 m. G for 5 days 1 tablet in morning and 1 at night But I am not getting menstruation even after medicines Its been 10 days after the end of meprate course and still nothing happened. Please tell me what should I do now?
I am 25 years. I got unbearable pain during menstruation. In that I faint sometimes. I consult with a doctor. He said it's due to swelling and hormonal disturbances. Can it be possible the reason he gave me. And how can I get rid from this problem during painful time. What should I do to overcome this problem. Kindly advise.
Hi doctor, Ultrasound study chest, A thin (5 mm in thickness) layer of hypoechoic fluid noted in right pleural space Impression: Minimal right pleural May I know what does it mean ?
B12 an integral part of B Complex group of vitamins is responsible for it helps in the conversion of carbohydrates into glucose pushes up energy levels and keeps lethargy at bay.
It is vital in regulating both the nervous and digestive systems which implies that adequate quantities of this vitamin decrease stress fight depression and keep the brain from shrinking.
It also helps shield from heart disease by regulating cholesterol levels and protecting from high blood pressure and stroke