Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Beena RoopakYour feedback matters!
I have teeth problem, my teeth have black spot and hole in center of teeth. I want remove this spot and want clean white teeth. What should I do?
My mouth smells very bad at times, I feel uncomfortable to talk anyone for this. How to eliminate the the bad smell?
Root canal was done on my right 2 molar 2 years back. Now the same is paining and the gums also pains. Please advise treatment.
The most common question that I receive these days on a social media page, an email, a phone call or even from patients I meet at a party is not what dental implants are but rather what do they cost?
It’s the most common assumption that both dentists and patients make that they already know what dental implants are and what they entail. The entire class on the types, benefits, indications, implications of dental implants was somehow missed and all we have is myths that are widely believed without scientific basis and customizing to your own case. This is exactly why when one hears a cost attached to this procedure they have no basis to rationalize this as cheap or expensive other than the last quote they heard or saw online.
Would you decide your cardiac or neuro surgeon on the basis of his or her rate card? Deciding your dental implant procedure and specialist based on this arbitrary figure can be extremely dangerous.
Here’s a quick guide to factors to decide for yourself what your dental implants must cost –educate and empower yourself
#1 Implant type –origin & make
The key decision in the choice of your implant is the company, design and origin of your implant.
As most products the American & European implants from global companies will be expensive for the quality and standards they represent. This is not to say that local makes are not effective but paying for something that is globally approved and available is well worth the cost.
It maybe a good practice to ask your surgeon for the research that supports why the implant they’re using is the best.
The type of design and material of the implant also determines cost-for example tooth colored zirconia implants are more expensive than the standard titanium ones.
Even your dental surgeon is limited by the type of support he receives from the implant company so choose and pay wisely based on this key factor.
#2 Skill & qualifications of your surgeon
Once you have a great implant the person placing it for you must have the right hands for placing it.
- Qualifications: When researching your dentist check his qualifications like a specialization in surgery or prosthodontics (science of replacing missing teeth) or even a specialized international degree in implants.
- Previous cases : You can ask your dentist for any photographs they may have done and how they turned out.
- Feedback: Read some testimonials of previous patients or ask for references
- Skill & Experience: while this is less apparent to judge the above points will prove this
- #3 The type of dental practice
Do your research and choose a practice that is geared towards surgery and they have the necessary infrastructure and training to manage emergencies with adeqaute experience.
Another important factor is how humane they are in their approach how comfortable they can make you and how painless their approach to dentistry is be it a simple cleaning or a full mouth implant surgery.
#4 The complication of your case –your medical & dental history
If you have multiple teeth that you lost years ago and are now well into your middle or senior years with a few lifestyle diseases like diabetes or bone density issues understand that your complication level is higher than a 20 year old who needs to replace one missing tooth they lost a few months ago.
The cost attached to complications must be understood and most cases will require prior preparation before implants can be placed
Make sure your final choice of dentist and practice is someone who is accessible and approachable to you even minutes or years after your surgery and not someone who just wants to make a quick buck. Ask them about follow ups.
A common occurrence we see is patients getting implants of companies that they have no idea of this can pose a problem if something comes loose or breaks you need to know what you have in your mouth and that must have enough global reach and presence so if you were to relocate or travel you could still be treated anywhere in the world.
Hi I am 24 years old & want to fix the little gap in my front teeth, please suggest me best solution for me, which is useful for me I dont want to go for visible braces.
On 26 -12-2016 at 2 pm my tooth was extracted. How many hours I should not smoke after tooth extraction.in how many hours can I smoke and can I drink whiskey with soda please reply.
I am 27 years old. I want to know if I can put braces in my teeth. My upper front teeth need braces. Should I go for it and will it work? please answer.
I have got my teeth out of my jawline. Is there something which can permanently fix it without any harm.
A girl of age 4 is bitting her teeth while sleeping why? Moreover we need to consult a child specialist or a dental doctor for this problem?
One of my teeth in Upper jaw is half broken. Shall I get it uprooted. Also suggest me an effective pain killer as sometimes I feel severe pain in that.
Sir I can not open my mouth properly due to chewing gutkha. Maine gutka chhod dia hai. Please advice me.
Sir meri maa ke daad ko insect ne puri kha li hai ab keval thori thori nukili keel si dikhai de rahi hai jisase maa ka teeth me last three days se jor se dard ho raha hai but maa ko diabiteez hai so please tell me what should I do.
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth and are designed to blend in with your other teeth. They are an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile. In fact, the development and use of implants is one of the biggest advances in dentistry in the past decades. Dental implants are made up of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. They are posts that are surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth.
Most patients find that a dental implant is secure, stable and a good replacement for their own tooth.
There are generally three phases to getting an implant:
• First, the dentist surgically places the implant into the jawbone. Your dentist may recommend a diet of soft foods, cold foods and warm soup during the healing process.
• Next, the bone around the implant heals in a process called osseointegration. What makes an implant so strong is that the bone actually grows around it and holds it in place. Osseointegration means “combines with the bone” and takes time. Some patients might need to wait until the implant is completely integrated, up to several months, before replacement teeth can be attached to the implant. Other patients can have the implants and replacement teeth placed all in one visit.
• Finally, it’s time for the placement of the artificial tooth/teeth. For a single tooth implant, your dentist will customize a new tooth for you, called a dental crown. The crown will be based on size, shape, color and fit, and will be designed to blend in with your other teeth. If you are replacing more than a single tooth, custom-made bridges or dentures will be made to fit your mouth and your implants. The replacement teeth usually take some time to make. In the meantime, your dentist may give you a temporary crown, bridge or denture to help you eat and speak normally until the permanent replacement is ready.
If you are interested in dental implants, it's a good idea to discuss it carefully with your dentist first. If you are in good general health this treatment may be an option for you. In fact, your health is more of a factor than your age. You may be medically evaluated by a physician before any implant surgery is scheduled.
Chronic illnesses, such as diabetes or leukemia, may interfere with healing after surgery. Patients with these issues may not be good candidates for implants. Using tobacco can also slow healing.