Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basavaraj BiradarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old male. I have problem in my teeth. There are some black spots on teeth. So please help.
where can i have dental implants fixed up in hyderabad. i am 65years old.do you suggest i can go for these at this age.
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
My wisdom tooth is growing out and causing a lot of pain and swelling to my cheek what can I use to stop the pain?
I am 36 years old recently I met a dentist for my tooth problem he had done teeth filling but now I am unable to bite anything with that teeth if anything falls on filling area I will get unbearable pain so kindly suggest me what to do? thank you so much.
My daughter 5 year old having smell in her mouth every time. She brush her teeth daily in morning but the problem is not solved so please suggest me what we do thanks.
Is there any cream or something to whiten our teeth. I drink tea nd coffee. And now my teeth are become yellow, kindly help.
Hello, I have dark spots on my teeth which looks ugly. How do I clean my teeth with home remedies. Please advice me.
hello. Sir I have so much pen in my molar teeth nd there is a big whole what to I do plzz. Suggest me.
My Wife have problem of bad breath. Sometimes its difficult in having sex also. Ii just feel moodless. Kindly guide home remedies or any allopathy or homeopathy for control and vanishing of bad breath.
My age is 30. My mouth is very bad smell in my throat. & what is the reason for this smell? How can I cure it?
My gums around teeth swells regularly. It increases problems during brush and eating. The gum flesh comes over the whole teeth. What can I do?
I have whitish slightly hairy tongue since 8 months, that does not cure properly by antibiotic or vitamin. When I take medicine the problem reduce but as soon as I stop taking medicine the problem come back. One year before I drinker poison, is the problem associate with this? I am a chain smoker. My doctor says that it can be occurs by cold. But I am afraid about tongue cancer. Some time my tongue seems painful sometime normal. Please help me.
There is a lot of pain in my wisdom tooth, I thought wisdom tooth is coming now so I am getting pain but I am not sure. It is from last one week and becoz of that my ears are also paining, last 2 days I took pain killer but it will effect for only sometime.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.