Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Basanth Kumar SYour feedback matters!
One of the best doctor in Kalyan nagar
Both men, as well as women, suffer from intimacy issues that range from vaginal dryness in women, erectile dysfunction in men, to low sex drive in both the partners. It is not simply limited to lack of interest in sex, but can involve pain while having intercourse, difficulty in having an orgasm and maintaining an erection. Though there are various factors that lead to these ailments, there are great means of increasing libido and enjoy lovemaking once you have detected the problem.
Various types of impotence in women
Sexual dysfunction in women can be grouped into various disorders such as lack of sexual desire, pain while having intercourse and difficulty in orgasm. Alterations in hormone levels, changes in medication and other allied factors can lead to low libido as well as other sexual problems in women. Some of the most common sexual problems in women are:
- Vaginal dryness: This leads to a lowered sex drive and problems with desire and sex can be very painful as the vagina is not lubricated. It can be caused by menopause or breastfeeding. Even psychological issues like stress can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Lower sex drive: Lack of sexual drive can also be caused by lower levels of hormone oestrogen. Fatigue, anxiety, depression can lead to low libido along with certain medicines. For example, use of antidepressants can reduce the sex drive.
- Difficulty in reaching orgasm: Orgasmic disorders like delay in reaching orgasm, inability to have an orgasm can affect both men and women.
- Pain while having sex: This pain is often caused by vaginal dryness and sometimes a burning sensation can be accompanied during sex.
Sexual dysfunction in men
Some of the most common types of sexual dysfunction in men are:
- Erectile dysfunction: This is one of the most common types of sexual problem in men and is caused due to high blood pressure, diabetes or due to anxiety while having sex. Stress, fatigue and depression also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Ejaculation issues: These involve premature ejaculation and inability to ejaculate altogether. A history of sexual trauma, excessive use of antidepressants and anxiety about sex leads to various kinds of ejaculation issues.
- Low libido: Psychological issues like depression and stress related to sex can lead to the decreased or no sexual desire. A decrease in hormone levels, especially, if testosterone is low and side effects from medications lead to diminished libido.
All couples deserve to enjoy a healthy sex life which is crucial for the relationship. If you are experiencing any of these impotence problems, its time you consult a doctor.
I am 32 year old male.My problem is sleeplessness.I dont have sound sleep.I take some medicine for sleep but i dont get relief.
Hey I am suffering from bipolar mania doctor can you advice me natural remedies for treating mania peeks are very violent and lows are very depressing . Please advice urgent.
I have stomach pain at the of menstrual cycle so far before I was not having the pain suddenly now only i'm having the pain.
Hello doctors i'm 32 weeks pregnant. I have a doubt. I have little white discharge. But there is no smell in fresh discharge and nor there is any smell in fresh urine but there is little smell when I smell my underwear after 7-8 hours. Does foul smell from discharge appears in the fresh only or after few hours. There is no itchiness nothing. Please reply. Is this UTI?
I am 24 years old Male and suffer constipation for over a past year. I drinking water about 3-4 liters daily. My friends told me that It is due to ulcer and suggest some medicines name to take everyday. What should I do?
I am 41 years old I have sugar problem from last 10 years. I am taking tablet Glycomet trio 2/.3 for three times in a day. But still my sugar level is high. Fasting 170 and after food 220. Can you suggest any other medicine or combination.
Hi sir/ madam I am Sai from Chennai my age was 22 I am going to gym regularly but I heard going to gym will decrease your sperm count so I am in confusion so please tell me going to gym is good or bad.
I have headache problem regularly and I take painkiller but I have no relief so what can I do for this.
I am 22 year old male. I am so much depresses about my life. In 2014 I got admission in kirorimal college delhi university. But due to financial problem I was unable to survive in new delhi. Then I withdraw my admission and came to varanasi and took admission in very small college (because at that time admissions were already done) where only weak guys study. For the last 2 years I am not attending lectures because there are no good lectures in college. My college is of village background. Some My classmates are daily waged labourers. Now you can understand the environment I am living in. I n am just giving exams and staying at home all day. Now I feel that I turned into a fat lazy guy who was topper in school days. I have lost my social contact. And now I don't want to get out because my neighbours will know that I still live in my parents house. I feel so shame because all my cousins friends are living and enjoying their youth and I just stay at home. Please help me I am masturbating at extremely. Please help. Me.
My dad is 55 years old . He had cold from last morning and now he got fever . The temperature is high . Can you tell any home made remedy which can help him to get relax.
I am a 32 yeras old female. My mom was suffering from some fibrosis when I was a kid. The same was cured but she has been suffering from oral health issues for decades. I am also suffering from sm problem in my gums for a decade now. When I wake up in the morning, I spit blood. That has been given out from my gums. Rest of the day, I face no problems from the gums. For this I hv consulted a couple of doctors also. But the solution is scaling only. And use of hexidine mouth wash. Any permanent solution to this?
For the 3 years ago I used to have migraine. But lately it became serious. Around 2 or 3 days ago. The pain was at my forehead. Usually either left or right. I did not take any medicine except panadol that contained paracetamol. It happen more often day by day. And when I see bright light more pain at my head n feel like im wanna throw out. #im sorry because my english broken but I hope that doctor can help me. Because I can not talk about this to my parent.
Sir I have low erection and only lasts 1 min sometimes wet dreams occur semen comes out like so much I cannot control ejaculation and erection even my cock is smaller tell me some tips in lifestyle qnd can I consult sexologist thank you.
Does masturbating more or consequently and watching porn decreases sperm count? People say keep smartphone in pant pocket effect 15% of sperm production is it true? Please let me know the Bad effect of 4g sim and smartphone radiations on sexual, pennis and testicles health.
I am a 19 year old Indian male. I was recently making out with my girlfriend while she was sitting on my lap and we both had clothes on. I experienced erection and my underwear and jeans felt wet, probably it was the precum. Is there any chance that she can get pregnant from this, giving that she was sitting on my lap? And should she take any emergency contraceptive pills because we did it 24 hours back from the time of writing of question. She is 20 and probably it was 16th-17th day of her cycle. I would really appreciate an answer as soon as possible please. Thank you in advance. Also I have heard that precum may contain sperms, but I had not masturbated recently (in the past 24 hours).
Hi, I am suffering from diarrhea for the last two months. O have had zifi, norglox TX and another antibiotic recently, bit my diarrhea is not healing It is like dark tarry motion three times a day. With y last antibiotic diarrhea had got worst. Soon after meals I had to go. But since the course ended it has now subsided to three times a day. I. The first hard or night. I am also having a probiotic VSL.
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises