Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Barbara
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BarbaraYour feedback matters!
The Ash Gourd belongs to the family of Cucurbitaceae and Benincasa hispida is its binomial name. It is recognized for its medicinal properties in Ayurveda System of Medicine. It is also commonly known as Wax Gourd, Winter Melon, Green Pumpkin. It is not just the fruit, which is useful, but its seeds and seed oil is equally useful. Ash gourd is easily available throughout India.
Understanding the Key benefits of Ash Gourd
- It helps in treating Acid reflux syndrome with the help from its active principles such as Terpenes, Flavanoid C, glycosides and sterols, since they have antioxidant effects which help in inhibiting gastric mucosal damage.
- It helps in treating Purpura
- Due to its alkaline property it is used as diuretic or bladder purifier
- It also acts as an Aphrodisiac i.e. a substance, which increases sexual potency and as an appetizer
- It is an important ingredient in various Ayurvedic medicines for treating bleeding disorders and helps in improving body weight and is ideal for diabetic patients
- It helps in combating general debility and treats mental disorders by stabilizing nerve cells.
- It often has bronchodilator effect on patients, through an antihistamine activity (H1 receptor-antagonism)
- It also acts as an Antidiarrheal agent and provides relief from constipation
- The pulp of Ash Gourd is a rich source of vitamin B and C and is also an excellent remedy for tapeworms.
- With the help of Ash Gourd one can also get relief from symptoms of morphine withdrawal
- In case of a burn, topical application of Ash Gourd pulp is also highly beneficial.
Classic Ayurvedic medicines which are prepared with Ash Gourd
- Kushmand Avleha
- Kushmand Khanda
- Kushmand Rasayan
How it is used, across India?
- In Northern India it is used to prepare a candy called “Petha”
- In South Indian cuisines, it is traditionally used to make a variety of curries.
- Soup or vegetable dish also can be possible
- In Southeast Asia winter melon tea or Winter melon punch is famous
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!