Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B.s.ajaikumarYour feedback matters!
My Mother has confirmed Lungs cancer before last two weeks. Dr. said that it is in stage 3B and now we can not cure. Her life will be of only 2-3 years even after Chemo and next treatment. Is it true ? Please advise.
My father has done prostate biopsy test on 22 April, after that one or two drop blood comes through urine. He is a diabetic patients. Is there any medicine or what we will do.
Hello sir, We had consult the doctor and they suggested for FNAC. In the report shows Lymphoma. Please suggest or advise what is next course of action. My brother age is 22 years old. Thank you Abdul.
Does green tea is good for health? Does it loses the body weight? Does it make our body free from cancer?
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.
Hi I am bhanu age 22 if we scan total body. Is cancer is there are not because my dad and dad brother died due to cancer if reports are negative in life cancer will come again ah or not.
Can a cancer patient consume thin skin fruits like apple, grapes, mango, papaya, pear, peach, cherry, apricot etc. Usually dieticians at Tata Memorial Mumbai advise their patients to keep away from thin skin fruits. Why?
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
I have a little lump with redness in my breast. Now in period time. Its look like a pimple. My age is 20. My grandma passed away because of breast cancer. So that whenever lump coming I am worrying for that. Is it no need to worry about that? Can you tell me why this lumps are coming and how many days it can be there?
From past few days her left breast is having sensation like air bubble bursting kinda. When this is happening there is a pain kinda sensation. please help.
My grandfather has undergone a prostate operation twice his age is nearly 85 so will the same problem is continuing after the operation. What should be done?
My husband is 34, once, when he spit, he noticed a pinky substance coming out. Please tell whether it is a symptom of cancer ?
I am 39 years old and a mother of 3 year old girl. I have been experiencing pain in both my breasts since last two days and feel lumps too. This happens usually before my menstrual cycle and pain and lumps fade away by the end of the periods. My periods is due in 10 days time. The pain already stared and I feel lots of lumps. Should I go for cancer screening now or wait till my periods get over?
I am suffering from cancer on abdominal muscle, which was removed by surgery and radiation given on September 2012. Spindle cell sarcoma. Till now, I am under medical review every 6 months, I am afraid whether it will come again. What shall I do to stop re occurrence again.
What are the reason behind cancer and why should chemotherapy cause baldness? Is chemo drugs are toxic and cause other side effects too?
Is cancer curable or not or some symptoms of cancer what precautions should one take to cure or saty away from cancer.
Lung cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in one or both lungs. These abnormal cells do not carry out the functions of normal lung cells and do not develop into healthy lung tissue. As they grow, the abnormal cells can form tumors and interfere with the functioning of the lung, which provides oxygen to the body via the blood.
Lung cancer is the most common cause of death due to cancer in both men and women throughout the world. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute, approximately one out of every 14 men and women in the U.S. is diagnosed with cancer of the lung at some point in their lifetime. Lung cancer is predominantly a disease of the elderly; almost 70% of people diagnosed with lung cancer are over 65 years of age, while less than 3% of lung cancers occur in people under 45 years of age.
What Causes Lung Cancer?
The development of lung cancer is strongly associated with cigarette smoking, approximately 90% of lung cancers are attributable to use of tobacco. Pipe and cigar smoking can also cause lung cancer, but the risk is not as high as with cigarette smoking. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemical compounds, many of which are cancer causing (carcinogens). Passive smoking, i.e. the inhalation of tobacco smoke by non-smokers who live or work with smokers, is also an established risk factor for the development of lung cancer.
Genetic susceptibility (i.e. family history) may play a role in the development of lung cancer. Other causes of lung cancer include air pollution (from vehicles, industry, and power generation) and inhalation of asbestos fibres (usually in the workplace).
Lung Cancer Symptoms:
Early symptoms and signs of lung cancer:
There may be no symptoms at the onset of the disease. When present, common symptoms of lung cancer may include:
- Coughing: This includes a persistent cough that doesn't go away or changes to a chronic smoker's cough, such as more coughing or pain.
- Coughing up blood: Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum (spit or phlegm) should always be discussed with your doctor.
- Breathing Difficulties: Shortness of breath, wheezing or noisy breathing (called stridor) may all be signs of lung cancer.
- Loss of Appetite: Many cancers cause changes in appetite, which may lead to unintended weight loss.
- Fatigue: It is common to feel weak or excessively tired.
- Recurring infections: Recurring infections, like bronchitis or pneumonia, may be one of the signs of lung cancer.
Signs of advanced stages of lung cancer: Advanced stages of lung cancer are often characterized by the spread of cancer to distant sites in the body. This may affect the bones, liver or brain. As other parts of the body are affected, new lung cancer symptoms may develop, including:
- Bone pain
- Swelling of the face, arms or neck
- Headaches, dizziness or limbs that become weak or numb
- Lumps in the neck or collar-bone region
Treatment: Treatment for cancer involves a combination of surgery to remove cancer cells, chemotherapy and radiation therapy to kill cancer cells. Lung cancer is incurable unless complete surgical removal of the tumour cells can be achieved. Surgery is the most effective treatment for lung cancer, but only a few percentage of lung cancers are suitable for surgery i.e. Stage I and II NSCLC and cancer that has not spread beyond the lung.
Radiation therapy may be used for both NSCLC and SCLC and is a good option for people who are not suitable for surgery or who refuse surgery. Chemotherapy is used for both NSCLC and SCLC. Chemotherapy drugs may be given alone or in combination with surgery or radiation therapy. Chemotherapy is the treatment of first choice for SCLC since it has usually spread extensively in the body by the time it has been diagnosed.
Also used in the treatment of lung cancer are targeted therapies. These are drugs (gefitinib and erlotinib) or antibodies (cetuximab, bevacizumab) that block the growth and spread of cancer by interfering with specific molecules involved in tumor growth and progression. They are used in some patients with NSCLC that does not respond to standard chemotherapy.