Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B.s.ajaikumarYour feedback matters!
I'm 50 years old female. For last one year I'm feeling like my left breast increasing in size. And light pain in muscles.
Cancer is one of the worst diseases, which kills millions of people across the world. While there is a wide range of treatment options available, the best way to deal with it is to ensure a good diet along with a healthy lifestyle. Here is a list of cancer-fighting food products, which can immensely help to prevent cancer.
- Green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables have multiple health benefits. They are not only rich in minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants, but also have very low content of calories, toxins, and sodium. Being antiviral and antibacterial in nature, green vegetables can successfully inactivate carcinogens, halt metastasis and pause the formation of a tumour. Certain vegetables contain isothiocyanates that can detox the cells. Some of the vegetables that are mighty effective in countering cancer cells include kale, romaine, watercress, nutritious, spinach, collard greens etc.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best antioxidants among all food items, owing to their high ORAC score. Their antiviral and anti-fungal nature of berries is extremely healthy for the body. Moreover, abundant supply of vitamin A and C makes berries a perfect agent for increasing body immunity. Free radicals are one of the top reasons for metastasis. The proanthocyanidin content of berries helps the body to get a hang of free radicals, thereby decreasing the chances of cancer cells to grow rapidly. They can be consumed daily with any meals.
- Spices and herbs: There are a lot of herbs and spices, which boost the immune system and prevents cancer cells to grow further. Turmeric, for instance, is scientifically proved to be a great agent for reducing tumor size and effectively countering breast cancer and colon cancer. Some of the other herbs and spices include black pepper, ginger, raw garlic, parsley, oregano, and basil. They can be consumed daily in the form of juice or along with regular meals.
- Organic meat: Many scientists are of the view that organic meat does wonder in a cancer diet. Liver of beef and chicken has high B12 content and helps to remove harmful toxins from the digestive tract and liver. They can balance hormone, digest fat and counter the side effects of triglycerides, drugs, and obesity. This can be included in the diet every alternate day.
- Seeds and nuts: Flax seeds and chia seeds are few nutrient-power packed foods in the world. They should be included in the diet due to high fiber, mineral, and fatty acid content. Some other healthy seeds that can pay rich dividends in fighting cancer include walnut, sprouted bean, sunflower seeds etc. Nuts and seeds with all their nutritional qualities can successfully stop metastasis, reduce tumor size and increase immunity in the body, if consumed daily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi, In my right hand I have a round oval shape tumor, I am not sure what exactly it is but its easily visible, people ask questions when they see it. Its really embarrassing, I have avoided wearing half shirts and T- shirts because of this tumor. I want to get rid of it. What should I do?
Actually last month my brother in law aged 44 expired due to metastatic cancer in pancreas & intrahepatic cancer in liver. I was surprised to see that being a fully fit man without any disease. Now I am very much tensed that it could happen with any one. Pl suggest me which/what type of test/treatment could be taken up as a precautionary step.
Canker sores can be said to be quite annoying, to say the very least. However, it is a relief to know that most of these sores are not a cause of concern. That being said, when a person has the opportunity to stop the sores from staying on, why should he or she not take it? In order to get to know how to treat canker sores, it is first important to understand what they are and how they are caused.
These sores mainly appear in children. The areas where they appear are the mouth and the tongue, in particular. One of the interesting things about canker sores is the fact that doctors do not know what the exact cause of these sores is. The symptoms of having canker sores include a possible tingling in the area in the run-up to the canker sore appearing, as well as painful red sores. It is to be kept in mind that these sores can develop either on their own or in groups.
Possible reasons why a person may have canker sores can include a bad diet, an infection and also a deficiency in terms of the intake of certain nutrients. One of the key nutrients happens to be folic acid. Iron and the vitamin B12 are not to be forgotten, either.
When a person would like to make an effort to reduce the pain and the discomfort which is associated with a canker sore, he or she should follow a routine in which after a meal is eaten, he or she should take some baking soda and mix it with a little bit of water. After this is done to a sufficient point to make a paste, he or she should apply it on the canker sores in the mouth. If an alternative is required, what could be used is a mix of water along with some hydrogen peroxide. This is to be followed up soon with some milk of magnesia.
The last thing a person wants is for an infection to strike the canker sores he or she may have. Not only is this quite uncomfortable, to say the very least, but there is also a longer time taken to the point of full recovery. In order to combat this, mouthwashes which include tetracycline are welcome. Also rinsing the mouth with a mix of warm water and salt is a smart move.