Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Ramaiah
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B RamaiahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from constipation for last 2 and half years. I don't feel energy and it wastes my whole day? What should I do?
I am 56 years old business man and a diabetic patient since 14 years and always under medical supervisions. But more or less I consume alchohol like whisky 4 peg in a week or 2 bottles beer in a week. How much. It may damage my health or not
I am getting treatment for allergy from last one month. Doctor prescribed me LOD5 ,recently this got aggravated so doctor changed the medicine to xyzal 10 mg. Inspite of it I have to take it twice in a day if I miss than my whole body start getting rashes looks like it's swollen. Another problem is that because of heat I got prickly heat rash and as I was already was getting allergy rashes my skin started drying in that area as I scratched it really badly, after applying skin cream it's better but there are spots and it still itch. How much time it take to get better both allergy and the spots on the skin . And why it is happening even after proper medication.
Last few years I suffer from stomach problem like, stool is coming with lot of cough and some time with blood. Bottom left side stress type pain happens continue. Ct scan, ultra sound etc have done but nothing any observation. Please suggest what I have to do.
Hi, I am 26 years old. Last 2/3 days I am feeling head is heavy? please let me know low/high bp or gas or because of cold.
I hv fungi nails fr toe n more thn hlf of the nails r spoiled n now I wnt to remove it n get new nails instead please gv me any suggestion n gv me tablets r cream r ointment to replace the nails by new one please Thnku.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the eardrum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long-term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!