Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B L Rama MurthyYour feedback matters!
I have gaps appearing in between my teeth from last few months. Also I wanted to know that my gums are dark in color, is there anything I could do for it?
A thin layer of material placed over a tooth to protect its surface or improves its appearance is known as veneer. Dental veneers are a popular treatment for transforming your smile’s overall appearance. Placement of dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile and appearance. Most people believe that veneers are a single treatment when there are actually many types of veneer you can avail.
Some common types of veneers include—
Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are more commonly done. These are adjusted and sculpted during the dentist appointment. Cracked or chipped tooth, small cosmetic problems are usually fixed with composite veneers.
Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are expensive, but the effect they have on your smile is worth every penny. Porcelain veneer treatment involves multiple trips to the dentist’s office. They are stain-resistant and are more durable than other veneers.
Types of Dental Problems That Veneers Fix-
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored -- either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
The advantages of veneers are as follows:
They give a natural appearance to your teeth.
The tissues of the gum can tolerate porcelain well.
Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains.
The porcelain colour can be chosen to make dark teeth appear whiter.
Veneers offer a traditional approach in transforming the shape and colour of a tooth; they don’t normally require the intensive shaping before the procedure, like dental crowns do.
Veneers offer an aesthetic dental substitute.
I am suffering from tooth ache from 3 years. I have gone through dentist items to be sensitive tooth cavity spoiled items. How can I get rid of my tooth ache?
My tongue gets sore very frequently and it never gets healed 100%. Don't know the reason behind it. What could be wrong?
Hello doctor, I have a strange problem. Had habit of taking injections like TT or vitamin B 12. Once, I got swell under lower jaw. Doctor prescribed to take monocef 1 gm injections for 1 week. After that, it got cured. Now problem is, since have a habit of taking injections. Still I'm continuing to take injections once a while like 1 or twice in a month, same monocef injection but 250 mg. So, please advice me, is that leads to any problem by taking monocef 250 mg injections once or twice in a month? Also, suggest me, are any better injections to take other than monocef, bcz it's very difficult for me to completely stop taking injections.
I am 39 year old Man, and since last 4 days having mouth ulcer problem and my nearby medical shop guy asked me to take once a day Medrol 4 mg Tab and Becelac capsule for 3 days. Would like to know if there is any risk in taking Medrol 4 Mg (Methylprednisolone Tab)
Suffering from a problem of bad breath even after brushing the problem persists. Kindly help, thanks.
Many times there is decay, food lodgement and sensitivity in teeth but no pain. If treated at an early stage, pain and swelling can be prevented. So get regular check ups done.
A stitch in time saves nine !
I do flossing and mouthwash daily once and brushing twice. Please let me know if this figure is enough for my teeth to last longer without any problem and what time is best to do flossing and mouthwash if I do them only once daily. Thank you.
She have lot of problem in teeth. Some teeth become black in colour. Sum r damage. She is just 24 years old. What should she do.
Hi I'm 24 years old, earlier last year I was diagnosed with ulcer, now suddenly my back is paining, and sometimes I feel vomiting, I'm unable to taste any food also. Is this the ulcer symptoms?
Im having hholes in middle of the teeth n having pain when im taking cool and hot items please help me.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.