Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. B Indhumathi MaruthiYour feedback matters!
Hi, Im facing gums problem. How should I take care for healthy gums. I didn't have any drinking and chewing habits. My gums are little bit move down on lower incisors.
Dear sir, I am 24 years of age, I am suffering from teeth problem, some times its bleeding and paining from front lower teeth, so please advise me some tips, Thank you.
Hi, My question is to a Dentist. I have an upcoming third molar in horizontal direction at lower jaw. So it has to be extracted. My question is if the tooth is extracted at lower jaw then is it necessary to remove it's partner tooth at upper jaw? Thanks in advance.
I am 25 year old female. I get embarrassed wen I smile in front of the people. Bcoz I do not have a beautiful smile. So I decided to put teeth clips on my teeth. My teeth looks straight but front four teeth are in same size. Wt should I do for my problem. Is it safe to wear clips at this age. Kindly tel me the solution to my problem.
My teeth are becoming yellow these days. Severely. So how come I can solve the problem. Which paste I have to prescribe.
I have cavities in my teeth and it is increasing gradually. What should I do? How can I remove cavities from my teeth?
Hi, I have small patch of leukoplakia left cheek due to dip tobacco. I quit dip tobacco before 2 -1/2 years. But always feeling burning sensation in mouth. Already biopsy doing but negative. Not open mouth full. Only 1.8 cm opening. I advised by dentist surgeon he said kenokart. Onitmeny apply and take fibro tab two times. Please advised me what I do for mouth p Opening and small white patch. Thank you.
I am 35 years old. I am suffering from teeth pain for last 3 days. Please suggest me how to get rid of this?
Any age group people can use snowdent paste for white teeth? and snowdent is harmful to teeth for not?
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.