Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Arthritis
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Treatment of Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystroph
Treatment of Rheumatic Arthritis
Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis
Treatment of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell
Treatment of Myotonia Congenita
Treatment of Paget'S Disease of Bone
Treatment of Spheroid Body Myopathy
Treatment of Potassium-aggravated Myotonias
Treatment of Paramyotonia Congenita
Treatment of Scapuloperoneal Myopathy
Treatment of Primary Angiitis
Submit a review for Dr. B.G. DharmanandYour feedback matters!
I am 45 year old male. I have severe knee pain from the last 4 days, I have consulted a nearby doctor but it is not working, any solution or pain balm to reduce the pain?
Blood clot at knee. It is a large clot, increased alot with in two days. Yesterday it was removed my operation. Why it is happened?
I am 20-year-old boy first my right leg jerk at night when I sleep but after I started gym its is normal but now my neck twitch and jerk sometimes and I am not able to see straight I felt mostly this problem when I sit what could be the possible reason is it due to wrong posture or any other problem?
I am suffering from muscle stretch/pain in my right knee. It happens only when I run few miles say I am jogging continuously for 1 mile. It had started from December 2017. So I decided to brake for 3 months. I have also taken therapy for 15 days. Day before yesterday I gone for a little jogging to test whether I have recovered or not but same pain at the same area again started after jogging just 0.8mile.
Whenever I slept my toe or knee continuous paining in sleeping time. Feel like a someone is beating to leg. After waked up is normal.
On 29 Dec 2014 I had patella dislocation in my left knee, I was just turning back and it was dislocated and I fell down. I went to many doctors and they said only exercise can help you. Now I am suffering from the same pain in my right knee also. Doctor said it is congenital problem. I want to know what it is and why I am suffering from this pain. I want to know everything about it.
I am 60 yr old male. Diagnosed with uric acid. My right foot finger has of late had a swelling.(minor though. Kindly suggest me a medicines for gout. And also let me know how long the medicines is to be taken and dosage too! am based in india. Town of jammu. Thanks n regards.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.