Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin DineshYour feedback matters!
I am 57 years old male. My one tooth started shaking before 25 days. It was paining. After 2 to 3 days l pulled it out. Paining stooped. But after 15 days the gum pain started at the spot. I consulted a dentist. In x-ray a small broken tooth is remaining inside and there is infection. Doctor gave me antibiotics and pain killers and told me to remove the remaining tooth by operation. Is it necessary to remove the part of the tooth as there is no paining after completing the antibiotic course.
I am 40 old and have problem with gums. Some times it bleeds and whenever I have non-veg food. The food is stuck between tooth. Kindly advise me on this.
I am 18 years old boy and I have never smoked or consumed any sort of tobacco product but I still have brown stains on my front teeth of lower jaw and it looks awful I have these stains since I was 13. And also my teeth often get covered with a smelly white layer. What is the reason of those brown stains? How can those stains be removed? How can I stop the formation of that smelly white layer on my teeth?
Hi Sir/madam greeting you My brother is looking good but he's fearing about his teeth He has gaps in his teeth and he's not interested to put clip to teeth is there any other alternative to make his teeth together very quickly.
Dentistry is not expensive, neglect is! brushing is an activity that has been embedded in our systems since time immemorial. It's an exercise you start and end your day with, a routine that can sometimes pass by almost subconsciously, leading to bad habits and ultimately poor oral health and hygiene.
Here are a few mistakes people commonly make when brushing their teeth.
Not using the proper toothbrush
The biggest myth of our time is to buy a medium or hard tooth brush to clean more effectively that's what causes the maximum damage over the years by wearing off healthy natural teeth with overzealous care.
Using an anti-sensitivity/whitening toothpaste permanently
A common mistake is to use a medicated tooth paste meant to mask sensitivity over a prolonged period. Such a practice only masks the symptom does not treat the problem and also leaves you vulnerable to cavities, gum disease and bad breath since the predominant component in such a tooth paste is for treating sensitivity or lightening tooth color.
The type of toothpaste that you use doesn't matter very significantly as long as you use the right amount and twice a day.
Sensitive toothpastes are meant to be used for a prescribed period of time and whitening toothpastes must be used under supervision to prevent any potential damage to your teeth.
Toothpaste must protect your teeth and gums both so a combination of paste that contains fluoride that protects your teeth from decay -and the gel based part has the antibacterial properties to prevent gum disease and bad breath.
Brushing too quickly or too many times
Most of us hate going to the dentist and find brushing an easier alternative but you cant exactly brush off old cavities just prevent new ones.
See to it that you do not brush your teeth more than twice in a day. Excessive brushing can damage your gums and enamel. It will not take a lot of pressure to remove the plaque; hence most dental practitioners suggest brushing using a very balanced pressure.
Studies show that brushing two times a day and about 2-3 minutes every time is perfect to maintain good oral hygiene. Most people make the mistake of falling short of this duration every time they brush. You can ideally divide the mouth in four sections and approximately spend around 30-40 seconds on each section.
Incorrect brushing technique
The strokes while brushing your teeth must be vertical and not horizontal. Many people are habituated with performing long horizontal brushing strokes; this leads to irritation and damage.
Learn the right technique
Hold your brush at an angle of 45 degrees to your gums and brush your gums and teeth with an up and down motion and short strokes. Don't use side to side strokes. Also, start brushing on areas that you have been ignoring till now, reach the difficult to reach inner portion of your teeth. Implement it as a daily ritual and you will attain perfection in it.
Wrestling or brushing
Hard brushing damages the gums and is not good for you. Excessive brushing i. E. Brushing more than 3-4 times is also bad for you. You must always observe a balance in brushing which keeps your dental health healthy.
Since unlearning a bad brushing habit maybe harder the easier solution is to switch from a manual to an automatic brush. Going automatic by using a battery operated brush is recommended since it takes the guesswork out of brushing.
It may take a while to get adjusted to but like so many other things which are designed to make life easier automatic brushes make dental hygiene very easy and can even reduce the frequency of your dental visits.
Supplement your brushing
Of course, brushing your teeth is only a part of a complete dental care routine. Mouth wash twice a day. You should always rinse your mouth and keep it cleaned; otherwise, the germs from the teeth will stay on.
Clean between teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay-causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams. Got some questions? ask us comment below; we will answer as soon as possible.
Since one week my mouth taste has gone. Although I feel hunger but can't eat. Because tastelessness.
My teeth is so yellow and big gap between front two teeth it's looks vry ugly how to become my teeth beautiful.
Hi, Mera ek dant kharab hogaya hai aur bohot dard v ho raha hai aur mai pregnant v hu 5 months se. Kya kru? Please advise.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.