Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin BhandariYour feedback matters!
I fell off the stairs, broke a stool while sitting on it and broke a chair sitting on it in a span of 45 days. I have pain in the lower back, shoulder, wing, upper spine and pain in the thigh bone till the knee (I have a tendon tear too-previous injury) continuously. All these ailments are in the left side of my body. Should I get an MRI?
My Dad has diabetes and often the Sugar level goes up and he always get severe headache and knee pains alot please help if anything can be done to reduce it. And my father is also suffering fron high blood pressure please give me some remedy for it also.
My colestrorel level is high. Testosterone total-322 ng/dL. Free testosterone -12. 13pg/dL. Cortisol morning is high. Tsh is in the normal range. Rest hormones are OK as per the blood report. I am under severs stress for few months. My libido is nill. I am facing ED. I am obese since childhood. Weight is 84 kg. Height is 168 cm. Age is 28. After going through my report, a doctor at Lybrate is not responding properly. Any specialist doctor on this field want to help me.
What is the symptoms of dengue? How we can prevent from that disease which is increasing day by day?
Having pcos, wanting to conceive but periods r not regular, gone through follicular study bt egg wasn't form till 26 or 27th dy frm periods. What should be done for weight loss?
The carpal tunnel is the passageway for the median nerve to pass through on the inner side of your hand, when your palms are facing down. For example, while typing, there is a lot of movement of the fingers and this puts a lot of pressure on this tunnel. In fact, people who are involved in a lot of typing are one of the most prone people for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Other causes would include trauma, fractures, etc., where the tunnel is injured.
Conventional measures to treat CTS included a combination of exercise and pain killers in mild to moderate cases. In moderate (sometimes) to severe cases, surgery was also done. However, with advancements in medical technology, endoscopic surgical procedure is gaining popularity.
What is done?
In endoscopic surgery, a small incision is made in the wrist or one each in the palm and the wrist. Through this, a flexible tube with a camera and minute cutting tools are inserted into the wrist. Another ligament known as transverse carpal ligament is cut. This reduces the pressure on the median nerve, which provides relief from the CTS symptoms.
What to expect as benefits?
The intention behind the surgery remains the same in both traditional and endoscopic procedures. The pressure on the median nerve is released, restoring movement and reducing pain in the joints. In addition, the endoscopic procedure has the following benefits.
- Less invasive: Needless to say, there are only one or two small incisions done for this procedure, so less surrounding tissue is damaged.
- Same day surgery: No hospitalization is required, and unless required, the patient can return home on the same day of surgery.
- Reduced recovery time: The recovery period is usually substantially less compared to the traditional surgical approach.
- Back to work: Depending on which is your dominant hand, you would be able to return to your regular work earlier than with regular surgery. If your non-dominant hand is involved, a day or two of rest is required. If your dominant hand was involved, give it up to four weeks for complete recovery.
- Reduced chances of nerve injury: The area of operation has many nerves and blood vessels, and endoscopic surgery reduces the chances of damaging adjacent nerves.
- Anesthesia: This is done under local anesthesia. Therefore, complications arising out of general anesthesia are completely avoided.
While these sound promising, your doctor will decide if you are a candidate for endoscopic procedure depending on the following:
- Nonsurgical treatment including exercise and pain killers have not provided relief, even after several months.
- Severe symptoms including those of nerve damage, like loss of sensation, altered coordination, etc., is affecting your normal daily routine.
- Person requiring bilateral surgery like severe trauma, wheelchair dependent, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!