Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashraya
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AshrayaYour feedback matters!
I have chest congestion, nose block and breathing difficulty when I get some infection or due to cold/dust allergy. Can I use "asthalin" for nebulization at home?
I am 24 year old and I have sinus problem whether I change place I have problem with sinus. Please help me what to do.
Yesterday morning My boyfriend hitted me on right side of my head jus above my ear and its swelling its giving me a bad pain my right ear also started paining and my right hand aLso. please reply what should I do?
44 किलो है ,क्या यह sinusitis के कारण है? वजन कैसे सही करे?क्या वजन बढाने वाले product का इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैै?
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Hello Doctor hope you are fine and doing well. My question is about vertigo. What should a person do if he is suffering from vertigo? I faced this problem few years ago & then doctor prescribed verbet for me. I feel better for long time & suddenly before few days I am experiencing the same. Waking up from bed, I feel like my surroundings are spinning. Let me admit my mistake as well. I did not sleep on proper time from last week. I also face an uneasiness while traveling in a bus, as I feel nausea like condition. What should I do now to fight against this disease? Please help! Dr. B. M Lava's reply on Lybrate: Sir, Do you have any chronic cold. Do you have any ear discharge, ear pain Are you on any regular medicines. I need more information from you Contact me through Lybrate. My response: I don't have chronic cold, ear pain or any ear discharge. I am not on any regular medicine as well. So what to do next?
I have tinnitus is it cure I checked sugar, bp, lever, cbc, ct scan of head so pls madam tell me wht to do to overcome from tinnitus.
What is the solution for throat pain, and also blisters on the tongue, the blisters are like paining a lot while eating any spicy food, please give me a solution.
Hi I am 23 years old, suffering chronic sinusitis, already get operated and polyps removed, my latest ct scan impression is no evidence of sinus but still phlegm in throat and cough
Hi. Please clarify the following. Increased weight by 7 kg in six month how to reduce fast. Feeling hungry during night by 11.00 0r 12.00 on. .not diabetic. Bit depressed. Severe snoring problem. Feeling dull sleepy and low energetic during day time. Severe acidic and stomach upset most of the times due to regular tea consumption. Awaiting for urearly reply.
I have been feeling little dizzy for some time, and I checked my bp at home it was showing 148/95 and the next day it's 150/115. It's too high and is it normal to fluctuate? I Don't prefer medication. off late I am too stressed and I am getting frequent head ache. Pls suggest what should be done.
Hi doctor, I am a singer and I am in Chennai to for singing classes. I am here since 4 days and I am having a lot of pain in my throat I guess I have congestion inside. What medicines should I take.
Rhinitis , allergy to delhi air i guess along with sinusitis. Severe Nodular cystic acen , myopia with weak eye muscles and number of eye still increasing , right now its -9 Diopter , age 27
Frequently suffering from throat infection, sore throat, nasal, and allergy which cause red spot in throat. It happens after every 3 or 4 months.
I am having sore throat from last 4-5 days. Tried gargling with hot salty water from last couple of days but no relief from it. I don't have any other symptoms with this just a sore throat. And when I wake up in morning I have very dry throat. Please suggest what is this and suggest some medication for this.
Sinusitis refers to a common condition characterised by inflammation and swelling of cavities surrounding nasal passages, commonly known as your sinuses. When something interferes with the flow of air into the sinuses and obstructs mucus drainage out of it, sinus infection or sinusitis mainly occurs.
The most common symptoms of this condition include headache or pain in the facial region, nasal congestion and discharge, loss of smell and fever in some cases. To ensure that you opt for the correct treatment it is necessary to identify the causes of blockage. Here are the chief causes responsible for giving you a sinus infection.
In most cases, a sinus infection is triggered by common cold and flu, which are caused by viruses. Swelling of nasal tissues occurs due to cold, in turn creating a blockage for the holes that are meant for draining mucous. In this case, rather than opting for antibiotics, take precautions against flu and cold. You can even consider getting a flu shot.
Certain pollutants and allergens or deviation of septum can be the cause behind sinus infections as they trigger coughing, irritation of the nose and inflammation. Some of these pollutants are dust, smoke and harmful gases present in the air or substances with a strong odour (certain foods, flowers, perfumes etc). To minimize chances of sinusitis, try to stay away from these irritants to the maximum extent possible. Moreover, you can also use an air purifier to reduce the effects of air pollution.
3. Long term use of nasal decongestant sprays
Nasal decongestant sprays may help you get rid of congestion, but on the other hand they are responsible for the constriction of the blood vessels present in your nose. Moreover, if used for a long time, these nasal products may worsen the symptoms of sinusitis, especially if the directions for use are not correctly followed. Also, prolonged use of the sprays can give rise to rebound nasal congestion, which is basically a relapse of congestion. So, try to minimise the use of it and follow directions very carefully if you do need to use it.
Smoke from cigarettes has an effect similar to pollutants on your nose. Cigarette smoke plays a significant role in degrading the natural sinus-cleaning system of your body resulting in more gunk build up in the sinuses, in turn clogging nasal passages. Moreover, smoking also leads to inflammation, triggering sinus infections. So, try to cut down on your smoking if not quit altogether.
Sinus can be treated with the help of medications or through endoscopic sinus surgery.