Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha S Vijay
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Family Planning Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Treatment of Infertility in Women
In Vitro Fertilization (Test Tube Baby) Procedure
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Laparoscopic Surgery (Obs Gyn)
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Submit a review for Dr. Asha S VijayYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My fiancee keeps having extreme pain at her time of the month, it's really frustrating for me because she won't let me talk to anybody about it. When I ask her that is it common with every other girl then she says No, and tells me that many of her friends don't even feel a little bit of pain. This makes me really worried that why she suffers from extreme pain. Why does this happen and what can be done to control the pain?
Helo, I had periods this month only for 2 days and very little in amount and I feel my lower abdomen heavy and pressurized and little pain on sides and in centre. I had tested pregnancy in urine but comes -ve. Then after that tested for blood test s beta hcg its range comes out 5.3.
I am 21 year old I had did sex with 3 people without condom is any chances for getting affected with Hiv. How Hiv will be affected can you tell clearly.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
We have been married for 2.5 years but the amount of sex is almost nil and also intercourse is very painful for me.help
The food you eat plays an important role in your gastrointestinal health. Some foods can be difficult to digest and can lead to bloating and heartburn while others increase the healthy bacteria in your gut and aid your stomach to digest better.
Here are ten things you should include in your diet for a healthy digestive system:
- Bananas: Bananas help regulate bowel movement as they bind the food waste together. They also help in restoring the electrolyte and potassium balance in the stomach.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fiber and low in calories and are also a rich source of phosphorus, vitamin E and Zinc. Oats help in proper functioning of the digestive system and extraction of waste.
- Curd Rice: Curd rice is the most well-known home remedy for an upset stomach, as it is a rich source of probiotics that help restore the balance of healthy gut bacteria and eases digestion.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent substitute for normal cooking oil or butter. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and fatty acids that ease the digestive system and boost immunity and energy levels.
- Lentils: Lentils are rich in prebiotics and fiber. Prebiotics promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria and prevent harmful bacteria from causing stomach infections.
- Ginger: Herbs and spices are very helpful in digestion, amongst these, ginger is the foremost. Ginger is used to treat a number of stomach infections such as bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Ginger also helps speed up the movement of food from the stomach to intestines.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are rich in fiber and probiotics, while beetroots help relieve constipation, sweet potatoes help treat ulcers and bowel problems. Other vegetables that aid digestion include cucumber, tomatoes and carrots.
- Brown rice: A certain amount of carbohydrates are essential for a well-balanced diet. Brown rice have high calorific value but are less fattening in nature. Brown rice ease the movement of food through the digestive system.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps ease indigestion and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Peppermint can be consumed directly, as a flavoring agent in salads and fruits, or it can be taken as a supplement.
- Water: Water is crucial for healthy digestion, as it eases the movement of food through the digestive system and out of the bowel. Inadequate level of water in the body is one of the most common causes of constipation. Ideally, you should have a minimum of 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 25 years old, My weight is 95 kg and I am 18 weeks pregnant and I will follow regular walking and exercise but no improvement how to manage my weight and safe pregnancy.
Hi doctors please help me I'm 32+5 weeks pregnant from yesterday loose motion with no pain please help me out.
Dry fruits like walnuts almonds and dates which provide the essential vitamins and minerals for building immunity in children. They are the best things to feed kids when they are preparing for exams.
A good source of vitamin e they can make a great snack. Groundnuts that are currently in season can make a great evening snack