Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Asha S VijayYour feedback matters!
I m 16 year old and suffering from vomiting and lose motion during period in regular 3 days what problem I m having and" I never take medicine" what other option for me to avoid vomiting and lose motion its very painful for me Dr. please suggest something else except medicine.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
For past 3 months now I have been having sex almost everyday apart from my monthly flow but I'm not pregnant what could be the course (reason for not been pregnant)
PCOD is endocrinal,reproductive and metabolic disease.
It needs proper investigations and treatment.
Day by day Pcod incidence is increasing.
Change in lifestyle is one of the basic cause for it.
According allopathy treatment is
Weight reduction, Regularate the menses by hormonal pills, metformin tablets for insulin resistance,sometimes laperoscopic drilling for cysts etc. But it seems that sometimes it is not satisfactory and recurrence of symptoms after discontinuation of treatment.
Ayurveda is best option in such cases .
Sometimes integrated treatment (i.e.Ayurved & Allopath) also beneficial in such cases.
I'm not getting sleep for more than 38 days ,what shall I do .I had delivered six month old baby due to microcephaly. They used mtp for inducing delivery .may be this will be the reason for small cyst in my right ovary after a month of delivery.
My due period date is on 22 i've had unsafe sex and in emergency had to take I pill twice i.e 2 times within 2 weeks. I have back and abdomen pain and vomiting. Back pain is so severe that I can not even stand for more than 10 min. Pls help? Is it because my periods are about to come? Or because of ipill? Or am pregnant?
I m facing a problem of hair loss and dandruff. I have tried some shampoos also but no perfect result. Please help.
I am 25 years old and got 1 year ago, we are trying for baby from last years, but after sex sperms out from vagina, also I have back pain after sex, I have ultrasound that shows mild free fluid in the pouch of Douglas, what I do to get pregnant.
I have got married since 2013 Nov. After that I have suffered from phimosis and last month I have got surgery. Now when I'm doing foreplay with my wife, and she told me she has no feelings. Now please advise me what to do?
My wife has two abortion in 9 months between abortion 2 _2 months so please advise what process if next time Good pregnancy no chance again abortion please advise.
I got my periods on 25th December (period cycle 28 days). I had unprotected Sex on January 5th. Ive been using Estranon tab. To get my periods in regular. Will I get my periods on time? Will this tab. Estranon prevents pregnancy? please answer.
Hi I am from tirupati. My sister has newly gave birth to a baby. The baby born on 17-09-2015. Can you suggest me some healthy foods for the mother?
I am a nursing tutor I am married age 27 and marital life 6 months, I have a complaint of amenorrhea for 3 months, during this period 2times did preg test but I got negative results, actually I am thyroid problem since 2years, all my thyroid values are normal, we are waiting for conceiving, please tell us a solution for my problem.
Sir, My wife is now 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. Today she faced mild bleeding. After scan doctor said there is chance of having threatened miscarriage and gave some tablets and said to continue for two weeks. Presently she is using tablets. Please suggest me how come I know the baby is healthy or not There will be any symptoms for going to get miscarriage.
Menstrual cycle is an integral part of a woman's life. Isse mahilao ki reproductive shakti ka pata lagta hai. A typical menstrual cycle has a timeframe of about 28 days. Lekin kuch ladies mein yeh timeframe 35 days tak bhi ho sakta hai. Every female has different cycle. Usually, it is 11th to 14th day, counting from 1st day of the period, are the most fertile days.
Periods are important because it signifies the childbearing age of a woman. In a normal menstrual cycle, the innermost lining of the uterus starts to thicken to prepare itself for embedding of a growing foetus. In the absence of a foetus, the lining breaks down and results in periods.
Aap periods ke baad kitne din mein pregnant hote hain ye aapke menstrual cycle ki length pe depend karta hai. Typically, in a woman with a normal menstrual cycle length of 28 days, ovulation happens around the 14th day.
Ovulation ke waqt aapki ovary ek mature egg release karti hai. The released egg sits in the Fallopian tube to meet a sperm for fertilization, jiske turant baad aapki pregnancy start ho jaati hai. While a sperm can survive in the uterus of a woman for up to three to five days, female egg sirf 12 to 24 hours ke liye available rehta hai.
Yadi is timeframe ke beech sperm, egg se mil jaata hai toh aapke pregnant hone ke chances zyada hote hain. While it may not be a great idea to try getting pregnant after ovulation, egg release hone se pehle agar aap koshish karein toh pregnancy possible hai.
Therefore, periods hone ke baad se 12th to 16th day pregnancy ke liye kaafi crucial hote hain. In case you have unprotected sex during these days, then there are bright chances that you may get pregnant in this window.
There are certain signs of ovulation that indicates that your body is the most fertile in those particular days. For example, ovulation ki date ke aaspaas aap abdominal bloating, pet ke ek side mein dard aur increases sense of smell mehsus kar sakte hain.
In addition, there is an excessive production of clear cervical mucous, which closely resembles egg white. Agar aap ye symptoms experience karein to iska matlab hai ki your ovulation date is near and you can try and get pregnant around this time.
One way to determine your individual fertile period is to keep a record of your menstrual cycle (for eight or more months, if possible). Select your shortest cycle (say 27 days) and subtract 18 from it. The resulting number—nine—is your first potentially fertile day. Subtract 11 from your longest cycle (say 30 days) and you get 19. This marks your last potentially fertile day. So if the cycles you measured over several months were between 27 and 30 days long, you would be most fertile somewhere between days 9 and 19.
This is still a very wide window of opportunity. You can narrow it further by charting your basal body temperature (your morning temperature before getting out of bed). For most women, it ranges from 96 to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. When your temperature rises slightly (four- to eight-tenths of a degree), it usually means you have ovulated within the past 12 to 24 hours.
The contraceptive pill, or simply 'the pill', is a type of hormonal contraception taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Now, even though the birth control pill is extremely effective in preventing unplanned pregnancy, it is not without some side effects. The common side effects of birth control pill include:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Some women experience intermenstrual spotting or bleeding in the time between their menstrual cycles. This is very common in the first three months of you taking the pill. Most of the times, intermenstrual bleeding resolves itself.
- Nausea: Some women might experience mild nausea when they take the pill for the first time. The nausea will resolve on its own after some time, but if it gets critical or persists, seek medical help. Taking your pill at bedtime or with food can aid in countering the nausea.
- Breast tenderness: Breasts can become tender or enlarge as a result of birth control pills. Reducing salt and caffeine intake, and wearing a support bra can be beneficial.
- Headaches: The development of migraines and headaches are the effects of the sex hormones. Different pills with varied doses and types of hormones may lead to different symptoms of headaches. Studies suggest that pills with low hormone doses are usually linked with headaches.
- Weight gain: There is no logical link between weight fluctuations and contraceptive pills, but fluid retention (specifically in the hip and breast areas) and enlarged fat cells are common side-effects.
- Mood changes: Women who may have suffered from depression should consult their doctors when taking the pill. A study discovered that taking pills usually leads to the thickening of the cortexes (outermost layers of the brain involved with analysing incoming stimuli and reward response). However, there is more research pending on this issue.
- Missed periods: Skipping or missing a period is very common when you are on the pill. Factors such as stress, travel, illness and thyroid or hormonal abnormalities can influence this.
- Decreased libido: The pills contain hormones that can lower your sex drive or libido.
- Vaginal discharge: Some women experience differences in their vaginal discharge when they are on the pill. Vaginal lubrication can dip, which causes discomfort during sex.
- Visual changes: Fluid retention is a side-effect of the pill, which even ends up affecting the cornea; they change shape or swell up.
Hi. My mother is going through Menopause. What medicine should be recommended to stop it. And if no medicine is prescribed will it become alright within few years?
Practising yoga improves physical and mental well being of people living with arthritis a painful joint disorder. In the trail people with arthritis practised yoga for eight weeks had about a 20% improvement in physical health as it is also combines physical activity with potent stress management and relaxation techniques and focuses on respecting limitations that can change from day to day