Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Blurred vision is most often a sign that you need corrective spectacles for near sightedness, far sightedness or astigmatism but it could also be a sign of a bigger problem including eye diseases or neurological problems. Blurred vision involves the loss of sharpness of vision and objects appearing hazy and out of focus. It can affect one eye or both eyes simultaneously.
Whatever be your age, it is a good idea to consult a doctor as you begin to experience a blurred vision. To measure the extent of your vision problem, a doctor will do a comprehensive eye examination including spatial contrast sensitivity and a standard eye chart test.
Some of the factors that trigger blurred vision are:
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness
- Astigmatism caused by an irregularly shaped cornea
- Presbyopia - the diminished ability to focus on objects due to the hardening of the lens in the eye
- Dry eyes or the lack of lubrication on the surface of the eyes
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Migraine headaches
- Temporary floaters in the eye formed by the liquefying of the gel in the eyes
- After effects of Lasik surgery
- Eye drops or medication
- Overuse of contact lenses
Blurred vision can also be a symptom of a serious condition such as cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and cardiovascular diseases.
Treatment for blurred vision depends on the factors triggering it. Wearing corrective glasses can cure blurred vision caused by myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism. These conditions can also be treated by Lasik surgery. For blurred vision related to diabetes, check your blood sugar and get it into its optimal range.
Exercises for the eye muscles can also help sharpen vision and lower the rate of eye muscle degeneration. Some of these exercises are:
- Alternately focus on an object close to you and another far from you for ten seconds each.
- Blink your eyes and hold for two seconds
- Roll your eyes clockwise and anticlockwise. Repeat 15-20 times.
- Rub your palms together to generate heat and place over your eyes to relax them.
A healthy diet with plenty of vitamin A can help keep your eyes healthy and prevent blurring of vision. Wearing sunglasses can also protect your eyes from harmful UV radiation and lower their rate of wear and tear. Lastly avoid reading in moving vehicles and holding a book too close to your face.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.