Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Arithi SelviYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc, I am 38 years and Got High Sugar 300+, I had My Wisdom Teeth Removed Last Year Due To Chick-bite. I am Facing With Oral Health Issues, I Get Mouth Ulcer Very Often and Also There is A Cut In My Left Corner When I Try To Yawn or Open Mouth For Eating. The Food Seems To Be Spicy Every time I try to Eat Also I Have High Sensitivity on My Inside Left Chick When I Try To Eat Hot and Spicy. I Need Your Advice For A Proper Oral Health Which Help Get rid Of The Mouth Ulcer and Help Me With the Pain.
When I drink cold drink than in my teeth comes very hard pain. I can't eat after pain. I don't know what m I doing?
The most common problem affecting the mouth is caries which happens as a result of bacteria acting on the food deposits on the teeth, which produces acid that attacks the tooth structure. The result is loss of tooth structure and formation of pits and cavities which allows more food deposits and causes more decay.
Decay development depends on a number of factors including heredity, tooth structure, oral hygiene habits, food habits, etc. There are certain simple things that can be done at home which can delay the onset of the decay and also reduce its progression and severity.
If that sounds interesting, read on to know more.
- Clove and sesame oil: Clove oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties. A few drops of clove oil mixed with half teaspoon of sesame oil can be dabbed on the affected tooth with a cotton ball. This can be repeated every night, both for relief as well as for preventing further decay spread. Alternately, a whole clove can be chewed for some time and then placed under the tongue for continued relief.
- Salt: Known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, use a rinse made with salt and warm water and swish around the affected tooth at least 3 times a day. Alternately, make a paste of salt and lemon juice and apply on the affected tooth.
- Garlic: A paste with about 4 cloves of garlic and rock salt applied on the affected tooth provides great relief. Raw garlic can be eaten regularly for multiple benefits, including prevention from tooth decay. Rubbing raw garlic on the affected tooth also provides temporary relief from pain.
- Neem: Still used as a toothbrush by many rural people, chewing on a tender neem bark yields powerful oils and compounds that help keep the teeth against bacterial attack. The high fiber content is also effective against reducing plaque formation.
- Swishing with oils: Sesame, coconut or sunflower oil can be used for this purpose. On an empty stomach in the morning, use a tablespoon of one of these oils to swish for about 10 minutes, take care not to swallow it. This should be done before brushing the teeth. This helps reduce gum disease, bad breath and reduce cavities.
- Mustard oil: Two teaspoons each of mustard oil and rock salt can be mixed and applied to the tooth regularly for relief from dental decay pain.
Dear Sir, Mera teeth ka colour yellow bahut dino se hai hum dentist se wash bhi kraye par yellow remove nahi ho saka to kiya koi option hai aaj ka date me jis se mera teeth ka yellow colour ko remove kiya ja sake. Agar hai available to kitna rupees invest hoga pura solution hone me please btaye.
I need to have implant of all the teeth. I am 46 years of male currently in bengalaru. Where can be treatment?
My teeth Poroblem is very diffrent. My age is Only 22. And I lose my front two teeth. Because they are very weak. And Now the problem is next teeth and Auto metik Gape beween teeth. Realy I Complete Every treatment Like Flape Surgary,Clining ,tablets and lesar surgary. What shoud i do Now ?
What is 14 dental points? Mere teeth cavty ki vajah se kerab ho gaye. Or army walo ne medicl me 14 dental points ka jikr kiya hai .mere last wale 3 lower teeth khrab hai. Koi solution for this.
Please tell me the wright method of using activated charcoal for teeth cleaning. How often we can use it and how much time it will take for teeth whitening.
Sir My age is 17 and half years old. Sir the front teeth of my mouth is half broken and its color changes fo black then how can I improve my teeth. Give me advice please.
Whenever I eat or try to eat and even after eating (except tasty food ), I feel vomiting, dryness of mouth. Dryness of mouth remains even after drinking enough water.
I have problem of swollen gum and I feel that my teeth is out of my gum and sometimes I feel that they are get to break what type of problem is this and is this problem have any remedies?
In last 2 year I have a problem in my neck there are some white buds (like small partial) are growth in my mouth that is not painful but when I remove this then some of them has very bad smell so please tell me that what is the problem in my mouth and neck?
Teeth m caping ka kya procedure h, dard jyada hota hai kya ye sb krne m? Mere near by k logo ne dra k rkh diya hai muje caping k nam pe. Daant nikal k capping hoti hai kya? Or fir bad m bhi kbhi b drd ho jata h kya cap vali jgha se daant m sb kam hone ke baad ,ek bar please suggest me.
Tongue and Ceiling of my mouth always feels dry like cotton from past nearly one year. I smoke two cigarettes daily not more than that. Few days back one of my dentist friend observed that this is smoker's palate but I am not convinced as I am not a chain smoker. Please suggest what should be done to treat this problem. I never feel comfortable.
Myself Deepak Mishra. I am suffering from upper lips twitching since last 3 months and sometimes my teeth also starts paining.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.