Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AravindYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and have frequent mouth ulcers. It is very rare that I don't have any. Also, I have a strong sensation of heat on my stomach and often mild stomach ache. Though, I don't have acidity. What might be the cause? Are the mouth blisters and stomach ache related?
Dear Doctor, I'm having itching situation on my penile glans, sometimes like thrush kind of. Is that ok if I use coconut oil for curing. Kindly suggest as i'm getting married next month.
What I have to do? I have bad smel from my mouth. I regularly brush, one time daily. Is it the sign for some kind of dangerous deasese? Pls suggest me to do what is good to be done.
My right lower wisdom tooth has decayed and broken. Nerves are dead. Dentist suggested the option to get it removed else would have to ensure utmost cleanliness to avoid further damage. I want to know if its safe to get one wisdom tooth removed as I have read that it may cause adjacent teeth displacement.
Often paraesthesia is caused due to the needle injury. When the dentist inserts the needle for a block, the patient might experience a sharp sensation on the tongue equivalent to that of an electric shock. This is known as paraesthesia and is defined as a change in the sensation or anesthesia that is persistent and the duration generally extends. This condition cannot be prevented and is a complication in some patients who undergo a dental treatment. Though it is commonly seen in the implant therapy, paraesthesia is more of a dental malpractice.
The feeling of the electric shock is felt when the needle comes in close contact with a nearby nerve. This is enough to develop paraesthesia. Severing of the nerves with a local anesthesia and small gauge needle is uncommon. The exact cause of paresthesia has not been ruled out, but it is believed that the block happens because of using 4% solutions of local anesthesias. In case a paresthesia occurs, then it usually gets resolved within some days, weeks or months, but if it lasts for more than 6-9 months, then it is considered to be permanent.
When the paraesthesia is due to a surgical trauma, then getting help from an oral and maxillofacial surgeon is recommended. They assess that if a surgical intervention can be used to fix the problem. In case the paraesthesia is due to the anesthesia given locally by the dentist, then he/she does the following:
- Patient Management: Reassurance of the patient is must as they get jittery about the situation. The dentist often speaks about the condition with the patient personally. The patient is made to understand how a paraesthesia might have occurred and how much time it would take to resolve. This is also recorded in the patient book so as to avoid any such incidents in the future.
- Examination of the patient: The dentist should discuss the whole phenomenon and procedure of how paraesthesia can take place. It is important to let the patient know that the condition subsides, but it might take some time. The extent and the degree of paraesthesia should be assessed and the findings should be noted in the examination records.
- Follow up with patient: It is the dentist's duty to keep a tab on the follow up with the patient. The patient should go for a re-checkup within 1 month of developing a paraesthesia and then again in 1-2 month intervals. The visits could be more and can last until the paraesthesia completely resolves. Improving signs and symptoms usually promise that the paraesthesia is getting better. If paraesthesia is still persistent, then help from an oral and maxillofacial surgeon should be taken for a surgical approach.
Why do we get tooth decay inspite of maintaining them well by brushing twice and also I do not eat sweets at all. Please suggest.
My son is 24 years healthy. He has, over the years, developed uneven teeth. The 2 front teeth are slanting and is grown one almost over the other. Roots/base are proper but overlapping at the rest. How do we correct this at an inexpensive way?
How to protect our teeth in daily life? someday I am facing smell in my mouth. How can I recover from it?
Sir I have problem in my teeth its take pain after 2to 3 hours interval so please tell me medicine for this issue.
I took tobacco since last 20. Years , so my teeth got dark brown. Now what should I do to became natural white teeth.
Hai I am 26 years old, in an accident I lost my teeth, I heard that we can regenerate teeth using stemcells of wisdom tooth, is it possible, if it is possible how much the cost will be per tooth.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.