Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Aparana DunungYour feedback matters!
When eye power constant? I have myopia. My eye power is not coonstant. I feel that it is increasing per month a little bit.
What does the term" cataract mature mean. Pl explain. How long can one wait to get the cataract operated?(i've been diagnised with cataract 2 months ago? Please Advise.
When I read book and work in computer, lot of pain become in my eye, I checked it to eye specialist, he said eye is ok (gave minor number) and check it to ENT specialist, can Ent specialist cure this pain?
I have getting a lot of head pain from a week in the evening and also have pain in my eyes. What should I do now?
My eyes are very weak I have a specs of minus 4 number can I get rid of my specs naturally without laser operation.
Good morning all of you Sir I am one problem of solution of eyesir my brother of eye in alearge. Sir please solution of alearge. Thinks sir.
I have 3.5 eye number. I feel pain in eyes and urge to sleep more. I have been to two doctors eaten anti oxidants for 45 days and used 3 eye drops as per their suggestion. Till now I do not get relief my eyes get tired alot.
Dear doc, My mamma recently been diagnosed with glaucoma. Doc prescribed 2 eye drops. Combigan and azopt. This is the second month. She feeling bitter taste in throat. And her gums got so loose resulting in tooth fall with no gum disease. Are teeth falling as the side effect of eye drops? Kindly guide us. (My mamma taking allo thyroid med and ayur meds for b.p and diabetes along wid drops for eyes)
meri eyes in a right and left side 1-1 numbers he ise kam kar ne ka Koi tari ka he?. And kya eyes me dabur" rose water" ki drops Dal ne Se Koi side effects hote h? Please answer me.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.
Good morning doctor I am Tejal I am 23 year old boy and I have eyes conjtivity problem last two days what should I do.
My Daughter is 30 Years old and unmarried. She is having the birth disorder of retinitis PIGMENTOSA i.e. Night Blindness. In Allopathy, there is ni medicine or Treatment for this disorder. Is it curable by Ayurvedic Treatment?
For comfortable eyes during computer usage for long hours, ensure that
1) You take eyes off the monitor for 2-3 min for every 20 minutes of monitor work
2) Your eyes continue to blink normally and not stare at the monitor.
3) You sleep well