Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparana Dunung
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aparana DunungYour feedback matters!
I am a student. I am readings The books every Day. I feel very headache. I want to take the medicine. But no use. What my problem.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
What's the possibility of weak eyesight if I use my smartphone most of the time I use my phone on regular basis for games and surfing social networking sites that's why I just wanna know and what's the best way to improve my eyesight since my sight are weak Thank you.
Also termed as diabetic eye disease, this is a disease in which the retina gets damaged due to diabetes. This usually leads to blindness. In most cases, as inferred from various studies, this affects people who have had diabetes for more than 20 years. Diabetic retinopathy can also be a problem for women during pregnancy. With proper monitoring and treatment, this disease can be cured. One major way to prevent this disease could be by regulating diabetes.
Signs and symptoms
Like many other eye disorders, this too has no warning signs. However, in general, people with macular edema are likely to have blurred vision, making it hard for the individuals to carry out tasks like driving and reading. In most cases, if not treated, the situations may worsen with time.
Stages of disorder
- Initial stage: In the initial stage, it is called non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. There are generally no visible symptoms and patients may even have a normal 20/20 vision. The only way to detect non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy is by fundus photography in which the microscopic bulges that are filled with blood can be detected in the artery walls. In case, the patient suffers from reduced vision, to see the back of the eye, a fluorescein angiography is performed. This way the blocked and narrowed retinal blood vessels are visible. The lack of blood flow due to blocked blood vessels is called ischemia. Macular edema can occur at any stage of non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this condition, the contents of the blood vessels leak into the macula region, thereby causing blurred vision, distorted images, etc. In such cases, optical coherence tomography can be carried out to show the areas in which retinal thickening has occurred.
- Second stage: The second stage is termed as proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this stage, occurrence of new abnormal blood vessels is seen. These form at the back of the eye. These blood vessels are fragile and hence can easily burst and bleed, thereby causing the vision to blur. If this occurs for the first time, it may not be severe. Only a few specs of blood or spots floating on the visual field of the patients can be noticed. Within a few days, these spots may enlarge and the leakage of blood may increase, which can impact vision. The blood might take a few days till a year to clear entirely. In some circumstances, the blood might not clear at all. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have eye sight _1 is it basic surgery really improve eye sight, and please tell me which food I take to improve my eyesight.
What will be the cheapest cost of Avastin injection for AMD as my father has been diagnosed with that in 1 eye.
Myopia is also known by the name of nearsightedness. It is one of the most common refractive disorders of the eye. Over the years, it has become more prevalent. According to a recent study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI), myopia has grown more prevalent from 25 percent in 1972 to around 40% percent in 2004 in United States.
The exact cause of the prevalence of this disorder in USA is not known. However, many doctors are of the opinion that eye fatigue due to overuse of computers can be the primary reason behind the spread of this disorder. It could also be affected by genetical links.
Myopia Symptoms And Signs:
It is time to take care of your eyes if you have difficulty in reading the sign boards on road or seeing objects from a distance. This could be a sign for myopia if you are able to see things clearly from a closer distance. There are several symptoms of myopia, including strain on eyes, headaches and squinting. If these signs don’t vanish after wearing lenses or spectacles, you must visit your ophthalmologist.
What are the factors that cause Myopia or Nearsightedness?
It occurs at a time when the eyeball of the patient is too long. The lens of the patient will be too long as compared to the focusing power of the cornea or the eye lens. This condition leads to the focusing of light rays at a point in front of the retina. The rays don’t focus directly on the retina’s surface. Myopia can also be caused if the lens of the eye is too curved. Myopia can also be caused due to a combination of factors. The problem may start from childhood. You are also at the risk of developing the problem if your parents have had the problem.
Myopia is not a rare disorder of the eye. People living with myopia have several options of its treatment. It can be rectified or corrected with the help of spectacles and contact lenses. It can also be corrected by refractive surgery. The kind of treatment to be chosen depends upon the degree of your myopia. You will be asked to wear lenses or spectacles for a prescribed amount of time, depending upon the degree of your disorder.
If you are suffering from myopia, the doctor will prescribe you to wear spectacles or lenses of a certain power that will be preceded by a minus (-) sign. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.