Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Aparana DunungYour feedback matters!
1. Eat for Good Vision
Nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts. Regularly eating these foods can help lead to good eye health:
# Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and collards
# Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
# Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
# Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
2. Quit Smoking
Smoking makes you more likely to get cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
3. Wear Sunglasses
The right kind of sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Too much UV exposure makes you more likely to get cataracts and macular degeneration.
Choose sunglasses that block 99% to 100% of both UVA and UVB rays. Wraparound lenses help protect your eyes from the side.
4. Use Safety Eyewear
If you work with hazardous or airborne materials on the job or at home, wear safety glasses or protective goggles every time.
Certain sports such as ice hockey, racquetball, and lacrosse can also lead to eye injury. Wear eye protection (such as helmets with protective face masks or sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses) to shield your eyes.
5. Look Away From the Computer Screen
Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause:
# Blurry vision
# Trouble focusing at a distance
# Dry eye
I have lot of itching in my eyes sometimes. Can I get reason for that. I have checked my eyes. I don't have spec. It normal. I spend most of time on lapi. Also I hv some physical examination of eyes after few months.
While playing games I feel very annoy from my eyes after finishing the game I can't look at the sunlight when light enters to my eyes I feel very Disturbs sometimes water will flow through my eyes I don't feel any pain while water flows did I want to use any specs or medicines? Is it a big problem? What's the remedy for this.
I have a 2.5 myopia and my no. Is constant for a long time but I have been feeling pain back side of my left eye since I got specs I have checked it with doctors but they say eye is fine what may be the prob.
I have many problem so many eyes you watching TV per day but continued water like water so old help me so consider that time plz.
I can't see any think clear .one eyes. I checked by both eyes and one eyes power more than +6 +7 How to wear glass. Or some times headache. Can not study more hours What to do this condition. please Solution me.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.