Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anoop P
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Treatment of Broken Teeth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Treatment of Wisdom Teeth
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Treatment of Gingivitis
Treatment of Loose Teeth
Dental Extractions Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anoop PYour feedback matters!
Missing teeth might look great in kids but not in adults.
If your tooth is missing it can lead to a whole lot of problems like cavities in the adjacent teeth, functional & esthetic impairement.
Also if a tooth is missing, the adjacent teeth start to drift in order to close the gap. Moreover the upper tooth starts drifting downwards if empty space is present & vice a versa. All this movement leads to sensitivity due to root exposure in the adjacent teeth or upper or lower teeth.
Hence it is very important to replace a tooth as soon as it is lost.
We can replace the tooth/teeth in 3 ways:
1. Removable Partial Denture
2. Bridge formation
A person should gargle properly with a good quality of mouth freshener.
Always soft toothbrush should be used to clean the teeth.
Garlic, onion, much spicy things, stale food, etc. Should not be taken in the diet.
A person should check up his teeth by a dentist time to time.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.