Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali ShettyYour feedback matters!
My 2 year and 8 months old son was broken his teeth in an incident about 10 months ago (20-feb-2015) and that time we consulted a dentist he found nothing abnormal but now pus formed on gum. Again we consulted the same dentist he examined and told a gum abscess has been delevoped and prescribed cefixime 50 for 10 days but no results. We took him to another dentist prescribed ofloxacin ornidazole suspension, serriopeptadise tabs and ornidazole ointment for 10 days. Earlier its improving but pus is forming again and again. Somebody suggested us for laser treatment please help me and suggest me what kind of treatment can be given in this case.
I am 28 years old. I have a stain type in my teeth due to smoking. Wanted to clean my teeth. How much are the expenses? Please advise.
Hello sir. I have a problem. Its about my teeth. My all teeth covering of something whiteness. What is the reasons. Pls help.
I am having mouth ulcer due to which not able to eat any spicy item and hot tea/coffee as well please help .I tool bekosul capsule some body suggested me.
Had filling done in one of my back teeth. Filling was not done properly so I have to get it re done. Can getting a filling re done again in such less time damage my tooth. What other problems can occur.
I am 42 years old I am suffering with inner infection of teeth so I am suffering when I am eating sweets hot milk and cold water what the treatment I can take please give suggestions.
I have open a glass bottle by teeth, and I am in a lot of pain. One of my molar teeth, is giving me trouble. What is the best tablet you, advice me to take?
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
I am suffering from pain in my molar teeth & started root canal treatment but due to some personal problems I can't continue this, temporary filling is filled in Jan 2016.
Brush twice a day and floss daily even when your braces are on. The food particles get stuck into the braces very easily. It is very important to keep them clean.
My lower jaw left side continue three teeth missing. I need to fix these teeth. Which treatment is good for me. Note: I have diabetic also.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.