Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha RavisanakaraYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I would need urgent help for my friend. She is in depression. She doesn't feel happy and got angry when her husband touches her. She gets irritate while he is trying to convince her for sex. When he discussed this issue with her she said my body doesn't help me and I hate these things. Could you please let me know why it is happening at all. Also she is physically weak as her hemoglobin is below normal and always feel pain in her body either in legs, headche, or pain in whole body. She also has backbone problem. She is 32 years old and got married 13 years ago. She has two children one is 12 years old and second is 4 years old and both are male. Please help me how to make her fine. Thank you.
My thyroid T3-1.27 Tsh-5.99 T4-8.67ug/dl Being thyroid normal. My period is irregular and my weight is increasing.
I am having brown color bleeding during my period I took a unwanted 72 few days back can I be pregnant?
I have a irregular of periods, hair growth on the face, and started put on weight and now I'm 72+ weighing, I have already consulted a doctor they tell only way is to reduce weight, but I tried but I don't loose weight, please guide me some suggestions or any natural medicine.
Can we take emergency contraceptives in a gap on one and half month? Im 19 and I used I dose 72 last time and thankfully had no side effects. I had sex on 24th of august at night (15 days before my next period so maybe a fertile time) but he pulled it out in time and did not ejaculate inside of me for sure. Shall I take that pill again. Since I had no side effects last time will it be the same now?
My question is that I am missing my period from 3 months. My last date of period (2-1-2015). So I am very scared. Please suggest me treatment I am not pragenent. Pleases suggest Treatment.
I had my periods few days back. They were irregular and happened for 2-3 days. Today, white liquid is coming out of my nipples and they are paining. Is it cancer?
Maine apne boy friend ke sath sex kiya tha teen din pehle aaj mujhe phir se mann kiya to maine apne finger se kiya kuch der tak safed paani aya lekin baad m blad aya or blad m se bahut smel a rahi thi to ye Kay tha.
Hi Doctor This is to ask you like yesterday I was with my girlfriend. Now she and I just were having a hug and we started masturbating each other but by mistake my ejaculation went onto her stomach and leg. She was in her shorts. Now she went in and washed it but forgot to wash fingers with soap. And she then used the fingers to wash the vagina. What should be done and is pregnancy possible. Really very scared.
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
- Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
- When to take action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
- Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes, where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
- Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
- Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions.
Related Tip: "6 Do’s and Don’ts of Working During Pregnancy "