Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha RavisanakaraYour feedback matters!
Hello my age is 39, & my periods are like 21 days sometime its 25days, I am not operated for family plan, my husband works in uk, he use to visit here once in a year, whenever he reaches home he want all the time sex only, but this time he dint use any precaution, & it was 5-6 times a day, & that was on august 12th, my period date was 4th august till 8th august I was on periods, intercourse was done only 4 5 days gap frm my periods, my doubt is still is der any pregnancy chances are there?
I am 26 years old. On July 17, we had intercourse. A week later I developed swollen breasts with no other pregnancy symptoms. At the time of my expected period i.e. On 29th July, I had a very high fever of around 103-104 degrees along with my regular period with regular length and regular flow. I was treated with antibiotics for a course of 5 days till I recovered. Later it took a week for me to recover from the weakness (may be due to antibiotics). This month we have not tried at all and I got my period on 28th August. But there is a heavy flow only for a day and it all completed in just 3 days whereas normally it lasts for 6-7 days with all the spotting. Is it possible that I am pregnant but if I were, I would be already in my 3rd month, but I do not have any symptoms at all- not even the swollen breasts that I had the last month.
I'm 22 years female. 2 years back. I had a sex with my boy friend around 20 times in a year. Now i'm going to marry another person soo i'm very afride that my husband will identify me that i'm not a virgin. Soo. Please suggest me any thing i'm mentally depressed. So please kindly suggest me how to tighten my virgin. With any madison or with any exercises. My biggest doubt is. Can my husband identify me as i'm not a virgin. Please suggest me some thing.
Every parent takes that extra precaution to ensure that their child is protected. From giving only boiled and/or bottled water to multiple rounds of washing fruits and vegetables, everything is done. Despite these, when the child begins to complain of stomach ache, there is fear of a worm infection.
While there are many worm infections, the four most common ones that affect children are threadworms, hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms (named after their shapes).
Worm infections are a reality, and a child can get a worm infection by one of the following routes.
- By eating unclean/undercooked/infected food: There could be eggs of these worms on vegetables and fruits, and if not washed thoroughly, chances of infection are high. Also, if seafood such as fish are infected with these, improper cooking of these can lead to infections.
- Walking barefoot on infected soil: This is the most common way to get worm infections, when children walk barefoot in damp soil.
- Drinking contaminated water: Some worms breed in water bodies like lakes and puddles. Playing in these areas or eating with hands contaminated in these areas can lead to infection.
- Contact with infected person: Either through unclean hands or fingernails contact of an infected person, the worm infection can reach the child.
Whatever the source, once these worms enter the body, they multiply and continue to grow in the child.
While an upset stomach is the most common symptom, the child also could be irritable. Other symptoms that are commonly seen in children are as below.
- Refusal to eat, both due the stomach pain and the loss of appetite
- Weight loss, due to reduced food intake. Additionally, the worms consume a large portion of the consumed food, reducing what is available for the child
- Anemia, which is especially true with hookworms
- Bloody stools
- Itching around the anus, from where the worms could have entered the body
- Skin rashes or urticarial
- Sleep disturbances, due to the above symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Susceptibility to infections, as anemia sets in and immunity is affected
- Worm testing
Stool testing including cotton swab testing and sticky tape testing are done to confirm the presence of worms.
The good news is that treating worm infections is quite easy and simple. A course of anti-parasitic or anti-worm medicine is often used to get rid of the worms and takes about a week to clear.
- Deworming is done quite commonly, though it is preferably done under medical supervision.
- Hygiene practices with respect to cleaning hands, toys, potty practices, bathing, bedding, clean drinking water, etc., can go a long way in prevention of worms.
Hi, I take duphaston from 17 day of my period to 27 day, my doctor prescribed me to perform s. progesterone level to check whether a ovulation process occur or not, so the result is 133.6 mg/ml it high from the luteal phase so kindly answer me whats the reason behind this, its high level due to I have take duphaston or any other reason, I want to conceive, firstly doctor prescribed me cerophene from 2nd day of my cycle for 5 day, me and my husband test result are ok kindly answer me earlier.I m so much confused.
On random intercourse my girl vagina get dry For 2 times she able to produce enough internal lube but when I go with 3rd time After playing orally her vagina not get lube it's very dried and hard to have sex For that that we gell Is it okay with her and am asking Coz it repeated happen.
Hi i am 27 year old, I have married 3 yrs back after 6 months of marriage i am getting heavy periods, and have lots of pimples on face, suggest me solution please.
I had sex with my girlfriend on the 9 day of her last period without precaution but I pulled it out before ejaculation could there be chance for her getting pregnant. Although her menstrual cycle is of 31 days. Please advise.
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.