Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha RavisanakaraYour feedback matters!
Which. Test I should do to check whether I have STD or not I gave oral sex to a girl and without condom as well m worried please advice test name I can do.
Meri wife pregnant hai. Last mens date 5 september hai. Last 1 month se loose motion ho raha hai. Iske liye Rifaxamine 400 mg and lactobacilos 200 milion 5 days tak diya gaya. Fayda nahi hone par metronidazile 400 mg and lactobacilus 5 days diya gaya. Loose motion thik ho gaya lekin medicine band karne ke bad phir se suru ho gaya. Din me 3 to 4 times loose motion ho raha hai. Kabhi kabhi halke se pet me dard ho kar loose motion ho raha hai. Folic acid ki tablet bhi diya ja raha hai. Please help.
I am pregnant from 9 months my due date is nov 9 I have pain in abdominal and back pain mildly. Is this labour? I go to doctor for any injection increase the pain or wait? Pls tell me.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had unprotected sex 2 weeks back i didnt ejaculate in side though i m not sure the girl has missed her periods. I don't know wat 2 do pls help asap.
शुद्ध शहद और दूध पीने से शरीर को कई प्रकार के लाभ मिलते हैं।
यह दोनों ही एक संपूर्ण आहार हैं जिन्हें एक साथ मिलाने से दोगुना फायदा उठाया जा सकता है। जहां दूध में ढेर सा सारा कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन, विटामिन और लैक्टिक एसिड आदि भरपूर मात्रा में पाया जाता है। वहीं पर शहद अपने आप में एंटीबैक्टिरियल, एंटीआक्सीडेंट व एंटीफंगल गुणों से भरी हुई है।
दूध और शहद का सेवन करने से आपका पाचन दुरुस्त होगा, मोटापा घटेगा, हड्डियों में मजबूती आएगी और रात को नींद भी टाइम से आएगी। चलिए जानते हैं दूध और शहद को साथ लेने के ऐसे ही कुछ फायदों के बारे में दूध में अधिक मात्रा में विटामिन ए, विटामिन बी और डी के अलावा कैल्शियम, प्रोटीन और लैक्टिक एसिड पाया जाता है। वही दूसरी ओर शहद में एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट, एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और एंटी-फंगल गुण पाया जाता है
जब दूध और शहद के तत्व मिलते है तो यह एक औषधि बन जाते है। जानिए गर्म दूध और शहद मिलाकर पीनें से क्या फायदे है।
अगर आप तनाव में है तो आपके लिए दूध और शहद काफी फायदेमंद है। इसके लिए गर्म दूध में शहद मिलाकर पीने पीएं। जिससे आपकी तंत्रिका कोशिकाओं और तंत्रिका तंत्र को आराम मिलेगा और आप तनाव से निजात पा जाएगे।
अगर आपको अनिद्रा की शिकायत है। तो आपको यह चीजें अच्छी नींद दिखा सकते है।
इसके लिए सोने के एक घंटे पहले गर्म दूध में थोड़ा सा शहद मिलाकर पीएं। इससे आपको अच्छी नींद आएगी।
यह पाचन क्रिया को भी बेहतर बनाए रखता है। गर्म दूध में शहद का सेवन करना फायदेमंद होता है। जिससे आपको कभी भी कब्ज की समस्या नहीं होगी।
दूध में पाया जाने वाला कैल्शियम आपकी हड्डियों को मजबूत बनाए रखने के लिए फायदेमंद है। इसके लिए दूध के साथ शहद का सेवन करें। इसका सेवन करने से हड्डियों में कोई नुकसान हुआ हो तो उसकी भी भरपाई करता रहता है।
थकान को भगाने के लिए इससे अच्छा कुछ और हो नही सकता है।
गर्म दूध और शहद पीने से शरीर में दुबारा ऊर्जा भर जाती है। गर्म दूध और इसमें शहद डालकर अपने बच्चें को स्कूल जाते समय जरुर दें। इससे उनकी दिन की शुरुआत अच्छी हो।
जो कैंसर से पीडित हैं या फिर जिनके दांत कमजोर हैं और खाने को ठीक से चबा कर नहीं खा पाते।
उनके लिए गर्म दूध और शहद का सेवन काफी फायदेमंद है। यह एक ऐसा आहार है जो हमारें शरीर में जाकर हर कमी को पूरा करता है।
An expecting mother runs the risk of suffering from a range of complications during and after pregnancy. You were very wrong to think childbirth is about antenatal care and once the baby is born, the mother is safe from danger. Both C- Sections and vaginal deliveries take into account the hovering threat of impediments. Sudden problems like perineal lacerations, amniotic cavity issues, umbilical cord issues, abnormal fetal heart rate, and stalled labor might be experienced during giving birth to a child. Childbirth is again followed by another set of medical conditions. Postpartum Hemorrhage is one such condition that, if left unattended, can turn out to be fatal.
Postpartum Hemorrhage: An overview
Patients suffering from Postpartum Hemorrhage are subjected to loss of more than 500 mL of blood after delivery. In certain rare cases, women have been reported with a loss of more than 1000 mL of blood. Morbidity statistics say postpartum hemorrhage is the most common trigger to maternal morbidity in developed countries. Even after ensuring the efficacy of preventive measures to prevalent risk factors, lapses do exist. A loss of more than 1000 mL of blood can severely endanger your health. It may lead to hemodynamic instability. Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage should systematically concentrate on two important things; firstly, diagnosis and management of root causes resulting in a hemorrhage and secondly, dealing with hypovolemic shock along with resuscitation of obstetric hemorrhage. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
An exigency situation with regard to postpartum hemorrhage can be avoided or controlled in the following ways:
- Detecting signs of acute anemia and thus rectifying the condition before delivery.
- Routine episiotomy should be done away with.
- The doctor should inquire of the mother's opinion on blood transfusions.
- There should be frequent examinations of the person's vaginal flow and vital signs to check for slow and steady bleeding.
The risk of retained placenta in the third stage of labor can increase chances of postpartum hemorrhage. Active management on part of the hospital can take care of this. Regulated cord traction, early cord clamping and cutting and most basically use of a uterotonic drug soon after the delivery of the anterior shoulder can prevent a prolonged third stage, thus hindering a hemorrhage from occurring.
Oxytocin is an advisable drug to prevent the chances of a hemorrhage. Pregnant women may or may not give their consent to its use. It has very few side- effects. Prophylactic administration of this drug is known to reduce rates of postpartum hemorrhage by forty percent.
Management: Excessive blood loss after childbirth can be tackled through hysterectomy. Women who wish to remain fertile can go in for B- lynch uterine compression sutures, artery litigations, uterine packing or tamponade procedures.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Health benefits? of ?tomato:
- Aids in digestion?
- Improves ?vision?
- Prevents ?gallstones?
- Lowers hypertension?
- Good source of antioxidants?
- Prevents ?urinary? ?tract? ?infections?
- Reduces ?cholesterol? & protects heart?
- Counters bad effects of ?cigarette? ?smoke?
- Reduces ?oxidative? ?stress? of type 2 diabetes
6 Tricks to activate metabolism in the morning
Boosting your body's metabolism is largely related to burning calories and reducing weight. Try these effective methods esp. if you are overweight, if you are already lean, never over-do anything, be it exercise, eating or drinking.
6 ways that can help you improve your metabolism.
- Workout: Working out can be the easiest and best way of boosting your metabolism. Do walking, running and cycling. Sweating will tell you how much you have worked out and if you continue it for few months, the results will be favorable.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads: Don't starve yourself by not eating food properly. Avoid fatty and fried food but have as much fresh fruits and salad as you can. This will not make you put on weight. Keep taking fruits and salads at short intervals because these have an ability to get digested early as compared to fatty food.
- Take plenty of water: For increasing your metabolism, kick start your day with at least 3-4 glasses of water. It will help all your other efforts of reducing weight in sync. It will keep your body hydrated.
- Drink lemon in warm water and green tea: Waking up early can actually boost your metabolism; you can see the results after following this habit. Along with this, metabolism will get a boost if you get up half or one hour early. Leave the habit of taking normal tea, instead start taking green tea, it will not only be healthy but since it's an antioxidant, it will take care of your immune system as well.
- Lift weights: Lifting weights can give you instant results. Within a month of lifting weight you will experience boost in your metabolism. But this must be done under trainer's guidance.
- Eat boiled eggs and never skip breakfast: Having boiled eggs in the morning will fulfill your protein intake. Also, it will keep your stomach full for a longer time. On a way to boosting your metabolism, it's recommended not to skip breakfast at any cost.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
Problem start from 22 March to my wife. Please tell at which date I do sex with my wife so she can become pregnant. We want one baby.
I had protected sex with my girlfriend. But from her vagina something brown brown coming. I don't know what to do. If any chances for pregnancy Her periods is not regular bcoz of sum issues. Is there any chances of pregnancy?
My wife is not able to bear pain while sex. She is stopping me all the time, every time. Actually we both are virgins and new to this. Please suggest me medicines to avoid her pain.
I had sex with a call girl & without condom but it discharges in her vagina is any fear of aids?Please tell.
Does testing positive for HSV1 igg and negative for igm and negative for HSV2 igg and igm mean you have genital herpes.
Peas are really little powerhouses of nutrition that are a boon for your health and the whole planet. Read all their benefits, how to use them properly, and some easy recipes. We start with the benefits of this tasty powerfood.
1. Weight Management:
Peas are low fat but high everything else. A cup of peas has less than 100 calories but lots of protein, fiber and micro-nutrients.
2. Stomach cancer prevention:
Peas contain high amounts of a health-protective polyphenol called coumestrol. A study in Mexico City determined you only need 2 milligrams per day of this phytonutrient to prevent stomach cancer. A cup of peas has at least 10.
3. Anti-aging, strong immune system, and high energy:
This comes from the high levels of anti-oxidants including:
- flavinoids: = catechin and epicatechin
- carotenoid= alpha-carotene and beta-carotene
- phenolic acids = ferulic and caffeic acid
- polyphenols = coumestrol
4. Prevention of wrinkles, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, bronchitis, osteoporosis and candida
These come from peas strong anti-inflammatory properties. Excess inflammation has also been linked to, heart disease, cancer, and aging in general. These properties include:
- Pisumsaponins I and II and pisomosides A and B are anti-inflammatory phytonutrients found almost exclusively in peas.
- vitamin C and vitamin E, and a good amount of the antioxidant mineral zinc
- omega-3 fat in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
5. Blood sugar regulation:
High fibre slows and protein slows down how fast sugars are digested.
The anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory prevent or reverse insulin resistance (type 2 diabetes)
All carbohydrates are natural sugars and starches with no white sugars or chemicals to worry about.
6. Heart disease prevention:
The many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds support healthy blood vessels. The formation of plaque along our blood vessel walls starts with chronic, excessive oxidative stress and inflammation.
The generous amounts of vitamin B1 and folate, B2, B3, and B6 reduce homocysteine levels which are risk factor for heart disease.
7. Healthy for the environment:
- Peas work with bacteria in the soil to ‘fix’ nitrogen from the air and deposit it in the soil. This reduces the need for artificial fertilizers since one of their main ingredients is nitrogen.
- After peas have been harvested the remaining plant easily breaks down to create more organic fertilizer for the soil.
- Peas are also able to grow on minimal moisture so they are a perfect crop in many areas not needing irrigation or using up valuable water supplies.
8. Prevent constipation:
The high fiber content in peas improves bowel health and peristalsis.
9. Healthy bones
Just one cup of peas contain 44% of your Vitamin K which helps to anchor calcium inside the bones. It’s B vitamins also help to prevent osteoporosis.
10. Reduces bad cholesterol:
The niacin in peas helps reduce, the production of triglycerides and VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein, which results in in less bad cholesterol, increased HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and lowered triglycerides.