Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha KumariYour feedback matters!
I have bad breath. I am a dental student and my bad breath is not because of bad oral hygiene. Is it GERD. I even have gastric problem when I eat potato, beans ,chicken etc. Have to get rid of my bad breath.
Can we used minolast lc tab. In mouth ulcers have mouth ulcers for 15 days used complex bt no relief Suggest any medicine.
Hello sir, I have symptoms such as fever, cough, common cold and ulcers in mouth are refer to which diseases? This is serious or not? Please guide me.
When I wake up in morning there is always rusty blood in my saliva, This not happen any other time in the day. After spitting 3-4 times saliva color becomes normal. And sometime when I have cough that time also not always but very often rusty blood comes with saliva. Is this normal or any type of disease. How to cure it. Is this any type of mouth throat cancer. please help me and tell.
1. Proper brushing: One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
?2. Flossing: We know, it’s a chore and a lot of times forgetful after brushing if rushing out the door or heading to bed. However, flossing can help you remove food particles and other detrimental substances that brushing regularly cannot. Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away. We recommend flossing at least once a day.
3. Avoid tobacco: This will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
4. Limit sodas, coffee, and alcohol: Although these beverages contain a high level of phosphorous, which is a necessary mineral for a healthy mouth, too much phosphorous can deplete the body’s level of calcium. This causes dental hygiene problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Beverages containing additives such as corn syrup and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored. Therefore, it is best to choose beverages like milk, which helps strengthen teeth and build stronger enamel, giving you a healthy, beautiful smile and water which hydrates your body longer than sugary drinks.
5. Consume calcium and other vitamins that are good for the body: You need plenty of calcium for your teeth. It is essential for the teeth as well as your bones. It is better to drink milk, fortified orange juice and to eat yogurt, broccoli, cheese, and other dairy products. You can also take a calcium supplement, taking different doses according to your age and necessity as per prescription. Calcium and vitamin d are necessary for maintaining the health of gums and teeth. Vitamin b complex is also essential for the protection of gums and teeth from cracking and bleeding. Copper, zinc, iodine, iron and potassium are also required for maintaining healthy dental hygiene.
6. Visit your dentist: You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed. Also at these appointments, a comprehensive exam is taken with x-rays to help detect and prevent future dental treatments from occurring.
7. Use mouthwash along side brushing and flossing: Mouthwash is not particularly necessary and not all mouthwashes are useful. Mouthwashes containing Listerine our chlorine dioxide are very helpful because they help to kill and maintain the bacteria in your mouth. It can help maintain good breath as well as help maintain strong teeth. Mouthwash cannot do all the work but if your are already brushing, flossing, visiting the dentist and eating well, mouthwash is the cherry on top that will make your dental health great.
8. Having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms: ?if you are having tooth and jaw pain make an appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to diagnose the underlying cause and correct it before it turns into a greater problem.
9. Look at the big picture: Everyone understands that you should take care of your teeth to avoid toothaches, maintain your looks and keep dental bills at bay. Many people, however, don’t understand how crucial oral health is to our total health picture. Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss. Straight teeth are no longer just for looks.
10. Clean your tongue: ?Clean the surface of your tongue daily. By using a professional tongue cleaner, you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue. These can contribute to bad breath (halitosis) and negatively affect your dental health.
Due to chewing of pan masala in few days I am unable to eat as it feels like it wounded severely in the inner side of mouth so kindly advice what to take to recover the same.
Sir me jab bhi tongue cleaner se clean karta hu toh tongue se khoon niklne lag jaata hai. Mera tongue cleaner smooth hai toh bhi khoon niklta hai.please help
Detailed description on Tooth decay
Hi I'm Dr. Vikash, an Endodontist and Senior Consultant at Ethical Dental and Health Care, Sector-1004, Noida. Today I'm going to discuss about the most common disease in the world, that is Tooth Decay.
Inside everyone's mouth there is a war going on. Our tooth is under attack by various bacterias. These bacterias grow a layer called plaque. It is an invisible battle because bacterias are of same color as our tooth and they hide in hard to reach areas of our mouth like gum line and between tooth. Plaque bacteria attack on sugary tooth. They turn sugar into acid and acid into enamel. This is where our body fights back thanks to saliva. Saliva is full of minerals that replaces the tooth structures dissolved away by plaque acids. It takes about 20mins for the minerals to get back in balance after a meal. But if more minerals are taken away than replaced then enamel collapses and bacteria can get into tissue below. This causes cavity and the tooth is in trouble.
Bacteria will start rotting the dent in the enamel causing tooth decay. WHen decay hits sensitive area you get tooth decay. By now enamel is completely undermined. Although only a dentist can remove bacteria from cavity but you can play your own part in the battle. If you cut off in between meal snacks and regularly remove bacterias with brush and floss, then by this you will be helping your body win the war against tooth decay.
For more information about dental problems you can contact me on Lybrate or walk into my dental clinic, Ethical Dental and Health Care, Sector-1004, Noida.
I have mouth ulcer many times. I use smile ucler but after sometime I received the same. I also use orasap gel too. please help to cure permanently.
I am 26 years old female. I had done root canal on one of my tooth last year but there is still sensation and due to this there is swelling in nearby tooth. What to do?
I am just 18 years old but I have many tooth problems like cavities and even my gums pain please suggest me medicine.
What is the solution for sensitivity in teeth? whenever I eat or drink something cold, I feel something like vibrations in my teeth! what could be the reason? and what is the solution for this?
I am 34 male with 31 teeth. There is a gap in my upper section of teeth. Occurs due to brushing. How can makeup this gap .is scaling harmful for teeth as I have black rocky substance in my teeth. How to remove it? Regards.
Our heart is very much related to gums health because bacterias forming plaque gets entry into bloodstream through unhealthy gums and can form clot in circulation of blood. So keep your gums healthy and regularly visit your dentist.