Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AnanthakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with yellow teeth since 10 years doctors told me that you have florosis we can't do any action to change colour to white am feeling sad is any solution for my problem?
I am suffering from dental problem blood is coming for the time of brush and even I press my teeth so please tell me.
Dear Sir/Madam, I am Prabhu and my problem is, my last teeth is paining terribly. My age 30 and right now I am in living in Hyderabad. Pleas Suggest.
3 years back I had met with an accident then I lost my 2 tooth after consulting dentist they replaced artificial tooth since then there is no problem. Since 10 days the gum beside the artificial tooth is swelled and causing pain when I followed amoxicillin 250 mg and gargling with hot salt water the pain is reducing and the inflammation also reduced. Can you suggest the problem and prevention.
I am 69yr old male. My tooth (3-6) was removed due to vertical crack. Now should I go for Implant or Bridge? Compare benefits. Also tell me the cost of both the procedures.
I have gaps in teeth and two of my tooth are bit forward, which makes to feel awkward to smile, how can I make my teeth good and my mouth also looks so big how to look good.
I got Mouth ulcers last month, I took a medicine dose for day, it got little healed, cleared for 2 days but it came back after then. Now it's recurring not vanishing completely. What should be done?
My mother is suffering from tooth pain her tooth are now have gaps inbetween enamel loss sensitive to hot and cold Is there any treatment or she have to live with precaution ?
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Take one gm of asafoetida (heeng) in a spoon or spatula and warm it on heater or stove. After warming put the powder in dental caries.
Brush the teeth with neem tweek daily.
Home remedies for toothache
In toothache rub black pepper (kali mirch) powder for 5-10 min twice a day.
Gargle with decoction of black pepper (kali mirch) twice a day.
Prepare a swab of nutmeg (jaiphal) oil / clove (launag) oil and keep it on the affected tooth for some time.
Long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder mixed with honey (shahad) should be kept in mouth.
Sore tongue on sides on regular basis. Stomach is relatively OK now earlier I had bloating but now its fine. Tongue is constantly sore on sides and it pains too even without eating. While eating spicy it hurts more. Please suggest!
I am facing one issues like now a days my teeth is going to be yellow.I m using Colgate visible white,but i don't think its working.So if you can suggest me it will be helpful for me.Thank you.
Dental or pit and fissure sealants are plastic coatings that are usually placed on the chewing surface of the permanent back teeth, the molars and premolars to help protect them from decay.