Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananth J Kamath
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ananth J KamathYour feedback matters!
Few days ago my anal starting bleeding when I went for shit. During bowel it started bleeding. Now it is not bleeding but it hurts every time I shit And also hurts thereafter. It hurts right in the opening and the surrounding area. Please help I am in desperate need.
Are there any major consequences to worry about for undergoing a PCNL surgery for kidney stone removal? BP, Sugar and all other vitals normal for a 90 KG/5 Ft4 in 59 years old man.
Whenever some thing happened like if some one argued with me I feel like insecure. And full body shaking. Feel like urin coming. Please tell me how to avoid it.
I am a male of 62 years old now. I have undergone surgery for intestine perforations about 2.6 years back. I was hospitalized for about a month. I was put under catheret for urination. I had no problems after my discharge from the hospital. Now for the last 2-3 months I have a problem in urination. The top of my penis has been blocked partially. As a result, while urinating it spills in all directions. What is the treatment?
HI I am 51 years old, lot of protein leakage in urine, it was 5 mg now reduced to to 2 mg in 24 hr urine test, doctor says it is not because of sugar after bypass done, can you help with balance diet please.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.