Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Amit K ShrivastavYour feedback matters!
Good diagnosis and effective pain management . I can feel the difference in a day.
I am 31 years old defence person. 2013 me football khelte huve mere left knee pr chot lagi thi x ray MRI karane pr pat a chala ki internal legament injury h. Bahut doctors se consult kiya lekin kisi ne iska sahi treatment nahi bataya or kaha ki operation kr skte h lekin uski bhi koi surity ni h ki thek ho jaye ho skta h or kharab ho jaye. To mene operation ni karwaya. Abi bhi muje physical exercise krne me prblm hoti h or jump to me kr hi nahi skta thodi bahut halki running kr leta hu. Me bahut pareshaan hu kyuki defence me physically fit rhna bahut jaruri h. Is injury ki wajah se meri promotion me bhi problems aa rahi h kyunki me physical test qualify nahi kr PA raha hu. Agr injury ka wakai koi treatment h to pls muje bataye me kya karu.
Since I am a sales promoter of a mobile company, I need to stand maximum time and because of that I am suffering from back pain. What remedies I need to take to avoid suchbpain?
Hi, I am 55 years old suffering from prolong ankle pain and swelling no accident no twists on the joins area reason unknown please provide me your valuable suggestions so I can take prior treatment with out distracting.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello hi I am bhanuprakash I was suffering from backache for last 2 months so please give some suggestions.
My wife age is 38 years old now this time she is suffering from pain in both the leg in last 2 weeks in night .what is the symptoms please give the clarification.
The hip is an area of the body dense with bone, ligaments, tendons, and muscles—all of which can cause pain if something goes wrong. Just like with low back pain, the source of hip pain can be difficult to pinpoint.
Hip bursitis pain usually originates from the outside of the hip.
What is hip bursitis?
Hip bursitis is often the culprit of hip pain. But because of its tendency to share symptoms with hip osteoarthritis or lower back pain, hip bursitis is known as “the Great Mimicker.”
Hip bursitis occurs when the hip joint’s bursa, a thin sack on the outside of the joint that protects it, becomes inflamed. Hip bursitis can be caused by an injury to the hip or by an underlying issue, such as a pinched nerve in the back.
Bursitis and osteoarthritis: comparing symptoms
A closer look at the symptoms of hip bursitis and hip osteoarthritis can help distinguish the two:
Hip bursitis symptoms:
Hip pain is on the outside of the lower hip
Pain can start sharply and gradually change to a dull ache
Pain may spread to the thigh, lower back, groin, or buttock
Pain is worse after prolonged inactivity (like sleeping or sitting) or repetitive activity (like jogging or climbing stairs)
Pain and tenderness may increase when pressure is put on the affected hip, such as when lying on your side
Hip osteoarthritis symptoms:
The pain originates from the inside of the hip joint, so it's often felt in the buttock, groin, and thigh as well as the hip
Pain and stiffness comes on gradually and gets worse over time
The hip feels stiff and inflexible
There may be grating or creaking sensations
Secondary pain may appear in the knee because of hip stiffness or deformity
Both of these conditions can be managed through ayurvedic & panchkarma therapies.
Ayurvedic, Panchkarma & Naturopathy Centre
GH-14/ 1198, 1st Floor