Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmarnathYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I am 19 years Old. My jaw behind the premolar of lower left corner is swelled and cavity is observed in premolar teeth and paining little. What should I do now?
Sir from last months I have some itching and little pain in my tongue. There is little hill like structure on the below of my tongue. Sir what is the treatment for it.
I just had extracted my teeth braces which was on my teeth for about 8 months. My dentist gave me a plastic type transparent teeth frame But now a days I am feeling or seeing the gaps between my teeth again. Should I really worry about it. Help.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr.
I am 23 years old. I usually smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day. I got a Root canal treatment on a molar tooth of mine around 10 years ago. The RCT tooth has now developed an infection and 2 dentists told me I need to get it removed. One said I will have to get an artificial implant after 4 months of removal, not sooner in any case and the other said only 15 days. Which one should I go with?
My third molar (wisdom teeth) seems to be coming out and the pain is severe. The skin at the end has swollen up like a pimple and the whole jaw & ear on the right are paining severely. Due to Ganesh Nimarjan, no dentists are available. I tried gargling with lukewarm salt water with turmeric but there's no difference. Can anyone suggest me any remedies to decrease the pain or tablets? Urgent suggestions needed plz.
Mouth ulcer is the major problem I have. I couldn't find a solution for it. Almost 20 days in a month I have been with mouth ulcer. Could you help me out. Thank you.
HI MALE, AGE 25. MY TEETH WAS NOT IN PROPER ALIGNMENT SO I DECIDED TO GO FOR CERAMIC BRACES 15 DAY AGO. MY TEETH COLOR IS IVORY AND YELLOISH. WHEN I SEE OTHER ACTORS OR ANY GOOD FACES I FOUND PROPER TEETH & GLOWING WHITE IN COLOR. I ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE WHITE GLOWING COLOR OF MY TEETH. THERE IS SOME TREATMENT OR HOME REMEDIES TO MAKE IT HAPPEN WHITE COLOR? SHOULD START TAKING CARE OF MY WHITING COLOR NOW OR AFTER REMOVING BRACES.PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTON IN MY MIND
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.