Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Alka DeoYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm sridhar 23 years old, from past one year I'm suffering with low back pain. I need some suggestions to reduce the pain, plzz help me. The pain only come in the evening and night time, in normal hour I don't get the pain.
Doctor Mujhe body pe control nhi h and Mujhe apni body pe control karna h Mjhe night fall ki problem bahut jayda hot I h mai jiski wajah se meri body physically bekar ho ja rhi h aur mere bones bhi weak ho rhe h doctor Mujhe bataiye ki Hm Kya kare Jishse hme problem na ho second problem ye h ki mere right nipple me knot (gaanth) pad gyi hai .
I am 25 Years old. I have severe pain in my back after having a half marathon yesterday. Please tell me how can I get relieved.
I am having leg pain for many days. And also having headache from that I cant sleep well. Please help me to get rid of this?
I am 55 years male having pain in both leg bones and it is maximum in calf. Sometimes I can't walk properly when I lie down there is no pain. B12 is 950 calcium is 8 and vitamin d is 26. I am pre-diabetic fasting sugar is107 and pp is 130 my uric acid level is always more and now it is 6.9 leg pain is since 6 months.
I am 49 yrs old. I am suffering due to backache from the last three years. If I stand more than 45 minutes that day evening I am suffering due to severe backache. My profession is insurance surveyor and loss assessor, now I have two staffs for assisting me, so I travel very little distance only. Average 200 kmts in a week.
Having severe lower back pain with muscle spasm now the muscle twitches as X-ray shows spasm the vitamin d is 10 what to do it hurts a lot. I have this pain since 2 month.
I am 23 year old and I have I backache since 2 month and I am suffering from very hard work please suggest me any medicine I am from karimnagar gorakhpur post chargwana and I want to a healthy person.
Why do I feel ankle pain whenever I get up in the morning? Whenever I wake up and put up pressure on my foot it pains like hell. What sort of diseases it is?
There is pain in my back and leg due to secret abortion and my mom doesn't know about that. I am in problem.
Since the day my daughter has born, my back ache is not going + loads of hair fall. She is 3 years now. but my problem still persist.
Lumbago or Lower back pain is a condition that is characterized by mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region. Lower back pain is more prevalent among the youth whose work includes physical exertion or sitting for long hours and is also common in individuals belonging to the 'retirement age' because of their sedentary lifestyles. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic if it has been endured over a span of three months.
The most common causes of lower back pain are:
- Overuse of the muscles and includes strains or sprains of soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and vertebral compression fractures.
- Pressure on the roots of nerves due to conditions such as spinal canal stenosis (narrowing down of the spaces within the spine) or herniated disc (a condition of the rubbery disc present between the spine bones (vertebrae)).
- Osteoarthritis is a condition wherein the shock absorbers, found in the joints, progressively break down.
When it affects the spine, the condition causes back pain by stiffening the spinal joints. Symptoms of Lumbago (Low back pain) include:
- Stiff back
- Numbness in the legs
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, which is the pain running down the lower back to hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression by an intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
How to diagnose lower back pain or a slip disc?
Some methods that can be utilized for diagnosing back include Xray, CT Scans, Myelogram and MRI scans.
Treatment options available -
Exercises along with correction of bad posture for relieving back pain are a common component of any treatment plan. Factors such as type and severity of the pain as well as the patient's history can help in determining the type of treatment that can be administered. In most cases, the recovery time is usually six weeks without surgery. Typical treatment of back pain includes use of muscle relaxants, painkillers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and inactivity would help the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest lead to weakening of muscles and hence might prolong the existing back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapies are used according to the patient's preference to reduce inflammation.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. Examples would include acetaminophen, celecoxib and diclofenac. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.