Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajith NarayanYour feedback matters!
My Brother in law is suffering from a typhoid fever, four days back they came to know about this disease , Doctor prescribed ZATHRIN 500 MG, OFLAXCIN 200, THEY HAD NOT CAUGHT IN FEVER FOR LAST TWO DAYS, BUT NOW TODAY THEY AGAIN CAUGHT WITH A FEVER OF 100 DEGREE CEL. PLEASE ADVICE. WHY FEVER AGAIN?
I have hyperthyroidism I have pain in my arms I have backache I have ache in my feetI can't take calcium I have hydronephrosis I want to put on weight.
I am 36 year old lady 20 days back a felt sudden shock in my lower back while I was lifting my baby of one and half year with weight 13.5kgs. What should I do?
Hi sir my name is Yogesh and I my age is 17 years and height 5.11 and weight 50 and I want to improve weight what precaution I have to take.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
I am 46 years since last week I started having severe pain in my back post consulting it was known to be sciatica. I' m taking ayurveda medicine as my father too had the same problem 8 yrs back n it was cured through ayurveda. Pls suggest if I need to continue or not because its more than five days i' m in medication but no change pain is severe.
Hi I am 27 years old and getting married in 1 month and had a loreal color, having the problem of hair fall which was even before my coloring kindly suggest any solution or remedy for the same.
My brother is 22 years old. He stays in hostel. Doing his engineering. The water there consist of iron. Severe hairfall is resulted. What should he do to stop it.
I am a software engineer so have to sit on chair for 9-10hrs in weekdays. Can you suggest some exercise which can reduce back pain.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
I m just 18 years old. Even I do not apply any kind of jel on my head. Eventhough I m suffering from hair fall. I heard that sinus is the cause of greyness n hairfall I m suffering from both. I want to know the cause & alternative solution.
Chronic stress might make you more susceptible to mental illness.
In a study published in molecular psychiatry, researchers found that chronic stress results in long-term changes in the brain. These changes, they suggest, might help explain why those who experience chronic stress are also more prone to mood and anxiety disorders later on in life.
Researchers from the university of california - berkeley performed a series of experiments looking at the impact of chronic stress on the brain.
They discovered that such stress creates more myelin-producing cells, but fewer neurons than normal. The result of this disruption is an excess of myelin in certain areas of the brain, which interferes with the timing and balance of communication.
In particular, the researchers looked at how stress impacted the brain's hippocampus. They suggest that stress might play a role in the development of mental disorders such as depression and various emotional disorders.