Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adithya Karthik
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Adithya KarthikYour feedback matters!
Sir mera chota bhai lagabhag 2 sal se bhut jayada totlata hai kafeee badam vagera bhi khila diya or herbal tereatment bhi kara liya koi aaraam nahi mila So please suggest me. M apne bhai k liy kya kar sakta ho.
I have stammering issue due to which I have to face a lot of difficulties in my studies. I am dental student. Please help.
I've stammering problem. That is my real hesitation to talk. I'm very nervous person. That is my major enemy. I don't have sufficient confidence to talk or speak. But when I talk in my home or when I don't get nervous, I talk smoothly and fluently. I'm a architectural student. Speaking and presentation is very important for us. So, how can I leave from this problem. And how can I overcome my stammering problem. Pls give me some way. Pls help me. I want to give smooth presentation and lecture for my academic purpose without fear and stammering.
My son is 3.2 years old, he has lisping in his words, is it terminate itself as he grows or something has to be done from our side I e to look after the doctor in the same, please advice.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My sound is so low like female and have no much energy to speak in noisy places that is not heard And my pronunciation is so poor as I know how to pronounce but unable to do it.
Aphasia is a communication disability that can result from damage or injury to those parts of the brain that process language. It can happen due to stroke, brain tumors, accidents, or brain infection. A brain injury which damages parts of the brain that deal with language can also bring on Aphasia. Aphasia can also be caused by dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease. Aphasia is sometimes also a symptom of epilepsy or other neurological disorders.
It’s more common in older adults, especially after a stroke. What happens in Aphasia is that the affected person is unable to understand or use words. He or she may also:
- Have difficulty speaking and finding the "right" words to express themselves verbally
- Have problems understanding conversation
- Have problems reading and comprehending written words
- Have problems writing words
- Is unable to calculate or use numbers
- Has a tendency to use gibberish words as a part of speech
There are various types of Aphasia, differing in certain important ways from each other.
Aphasia can also be mild or severe. With mild Aphasia, the patient is able to converse, though he may not be able to find the right word or may not understand complex conversations.
However, in severe Aphasia, a person may lose his ability to communicate completely which means he can’t speak or understand any conversation and may also not be able to read or write.
Three things that aid Aphasia recovery are
- Speech Therapy
- Family Support
Treatment for Aphasia depends on factors like:
- Cause of brain injury which causes Aphasia
- Type of Aphasia
- Position and size of the brain lesion causing Aphasia
- If the Aphasia is due to a brain tumor, surgery to remove the tumor affecting the language centre can treat Aphasia.
- For a person who’s got Aphasia due to a stroke, sessions with a speech-language specialist are very effective. The therapist teaches the patient ways to communicate using stuff that doesn’t involve speech.
He uses the following to help the patient communicate without words:
- Drawings and pictures
- Teaching patient to speak slowly and be calm when talking.
The speech therapist uses these two main techniques to tackle Aphasia:
- Substitute skill model: This uses a prop like a writing board to help with spoken language.
- Direct treatment model: This approach uses specific exercises to help patients
- Copy and recall therapy (CART): This approach uses repetition and recall of certain words during speech therapy.
- Visual communication therapy (VIC): This involves the use of index cards to represent various components of speech.
In addition, Aphasia patients are also trained in the use of hand gestures to aid in communication as a part of ‘Visual Action Therapy (VAT)’.brain tumor surgery
Hi I'm 16 . . In My Previous Years I Should Sing Loudly And I Used To Love That . . . But Now In The Last Two Years My Voice Has Been Cracked Matlab Ki Aawaaz Ka Phattna .please Suggest me any Simple Remedies So That I Can Get My Voice Back To Normal .
I have a problem of Stammering. I not completely Stammering but in starting only, when I start conversation. I also feel problem when someone is telling something and I have to cut that topic.
A friend of mine now days turning to bisexual. He has both feelings of sex with woman and getting sex with man also . Why is tat happening so. He misbehaves wit all my frnds. Strictly speaking be behaves lik a Gay. What should we do?
My voice was very good. I use to smoke but quit 2 months back. But if I speak continuously even 10 mnts also. My voice getting rough. Please do the needful.
I am in 10th grade CBSE. Due to that I have a lot of tension and being nervous on giving speech or paper? I want to know that how I feel good during Thai tension.
Stammering ek aisi problem hai jise hum bohot he aram se theek kar sakte hai agr use sahi tareeke se treat kia jaae. But zada tar is problem pe tab dhyan diya jata hai jab bacche bade hojate hai. Stammering ke liye agar hum speech therapy ki help le, to har haklaane ki problem ka solution sambhav hai. Haklana ek aisi samasya hai jisme agar baccha 5-7 saal ka hota hai, tab bacche ko kuch pata nahi chal pata. Lekin jab bacche bade hone lagte hai, jese ki jab bacche 18-19 saal ke hojate hai, tab doosre bacche mazak banane lagte hai. Aisa hone se baccha depression me chala jata hai aur acchi education hone ke bad bhi wo apna represesntation nahi de sakta. Speech therapy ke madhyam se haklaane ki beemari 100% tak theek ho sakti hai, agr uska sahi tarah se treatment kia jaae speech therapy dwara.
Ap logo ko ek baat vishesh baat ka dhyan rakhna chaie ki haklaane ke liye speech therapy ka bhi koi aisa jaadui kaam nahi hai ki turant theek hojae. Stammering treatment ke lie speech therapist sabse pehle apni kuch exercise aur kuch tips bataega. Apko mirror ke samne khade ho ke yeh bataega ki kon kon se words ko kis tarah se bolna hai or yeh dekhega ki kon kon se words me wo hakla raha hai. Haklane ke lie speech therapy treatment theek se diya jaae to 100% ye problem theek ho sakti hai. To dosto, agar apko haklane ki beemari se azaadi apani hai to aap isko speech therapy ke madhyam se theek kar sakte hai.
Humare yahan kaafi bacche aate hai jinhe is tarah ki problems hoti hai, aur zadatar bacche theek ho kar jaate hai agr wo humare instructions ko theek se follow kare to. Lekin aisa nahi hai ki 3-4 din speech therapy ke lie aane se haklana band hojaega. Speech therapy koi jaadui dawai nahi hai or na he haklane ki beemari ko theek karne ka koi tonic hai.
Koi bhi ladka ya ladki kitne bhi educated ho, ya kitna bhi paisa ho, lekin agar shadi ki jab baat hoti hai, tab bohot dikkat aati hai. Shadi ke samay ya koi truth face karne ke samay baccho ko bohot problem aa sakti hai aur isse wo depression me bhi ja sakte hai. Islie haklane ki beemari ko theek karne ke lie speech therapy he ek aisa madhyam hai jisse hum ye problem poori tarah se theek kar sakte hai. Yeh ek psychological issue bhi ek, jese ki agar kisiko presentation deni ho or psychologically dimag me yeh aajae ki me hakla na jau to is wajah se maansik pareshani shuru hone lag jaegi.
Aisi problems ke lie agar ap treatment sahi se chahte hai to humare yahan se, Karkarduma ke aage Genisus Neurogen rehabilitation centre pe visit kar sakte hai. Humare yahan pe speech therapy, audiology ki suvidha di jaati hai. Iske ilawa ap hume Lybrate ke through bhi contact kar sakte hai.
Humne ek package banaya hua hai, agar aap us package ke instructions ko follow karenge to apka haklana poori tarah se samaaopt hojaega. To dosto agar apko meri baat samajh aai hai to aap humare paas aiye or humse treatment lijiye. Hum aapko Lybrate ke dwara poori tarah se madad karne ki koshish karenge, text messege k dwara bhi, audio/video call k dwara bhi
Meri taraf se aap sabhi ko bohot dhanyawad.